Ultra Presets Purpose

Modecorp

Likley a stupid question, but the manual that came with my device is next to useless 😄
Interested to hear how people are using the presets mode of the Ultra. Right now I’ve not added anything to them and am also tryign to find information on how to use them and why. Are they for 10 x quick access points to streaming services or something else?

Edit: I find googling “WiiM faq <topic>” often yields some sort of useful result - if nothing else it takes you to their help pages :)

Mostly I use it for radio stations (via TuneIn). There's a pending feature request to make them more useful for example to be able to use them to select specific sources but nothing released yet that I am aware of

Mostly I use it for radio stations (via TuneIn). There's a pending feature request to make them more useful for example to be able to use them to select specific sources but nothing released yet that I am aware of
Preset sources would be extremely useful.

So basically it presets songs you like. Feels a little limiting.
As noted in the product roadmap, WiiM are looking to enhance that - for example, see this mention in the Amp roadmap which will likely apply to the Ultra as well: “Smart Preset (Shortcut): Customize the preset buttons on the Remote/App with set INPUT, OUTPUT, VOLUME, EQ, URL, SHUFFLE, GROUP etc”

As noted in the product roadmap, WiiM are looking to enhance that - for example, see this mention in the Amp roadmap which will likely apply to the Ultra as well: “Smart Preset (Shortcut): Customize the preset buttons on the Remote/App with set INPUT, OUTPUT, VOLUME, EQ, URL, SHUFFLE, GROUP etc”

Even more useful. Many thanks 👍🏼

So basically it presets songs you like. Feels a little limiting.
You should be able to preset playlists.
For example, my Tidal 'My Collection' of a few thousand tracks is preset 1, and it's set for shuffle play.
Two minor issues with it:
1) The first song played is always the most recently one I added. i.e. shuffle proper starts from the 2nd song
2) I can't skip to the 2nd track for about 45 secs, maybe while it's loading the playlist.

You should be able to preset playlists.
For example, my Tidal 'My Collection' of a few thousand tracks is preset 1, and it's set for shuffle play.
Two minor issues with it:
1) The first song played is always the most recently one I added. i.e. shuffle proper starts from the 2nd song
2) I can't skip to the 2nd track for about 45 secs, maybe while it's loading the playlist.
Is 1) the same if you use Tidal Connect? I would imagine Tidal is responsible for what it serves up to WiiM when the latter asks for that playlist

Is 1) the same if you use Tidal Connect? I would imagine Tidal is responsible for what it serves up to WiiM when the latter asks for that playlist
No. If the ultra is my tidal connect target and I go to 'Tracks' in Tidal and press Shuffle the first track to play is random from the entire list.
Just so happened to be Saxon, Princess of the Night this time.

Back