Ultra running very warm during standby?

moosealert

I received my wiim ultra a few days ago and noticed it runs very warm at all times. I would expect it to be cool to the touch after an overnight in standby. It must be drawing a lot of power to be so warm.

Does anyone else's ultra feel very warm in standby? Want to be sure mine isn't defective.

I received my wiim ultra a few days ago and noticed it runs very warm at all times. I would expect it to be cool to the touch after an overnight in standby. It must be drawing a lot of power to be so warm.

Does anyone else's ultra feel very warm in standby? Want to be sure mine isn't defective.
Mine is about the same temperature as my hands after 10+ hours of playback.

If you submit a support ticket through the WiiM app feedback, the device logs will be sent along with it to help resolve the issue.

Nothing unusual here concerning the case temperature. The Ultra is just getting warm, but certainly not very warm.

Did you adjust the screen brightness or enable adaptive brightness?

Nothing unusual here concerning the case temperature. The Ultra is just getting warm, but certainly not very warm.

Did you adjust the screen brightness or enable adaptive brightness?
I have the screen set to minimum brightness.

I have my ultra set to enter standby after 2min in the wiim app. Is there a way to confirm that it's truly entering standby? The power button on the remote doesn't seem to do anything.

I have the screen set to minimum brightness.

I have my ultra set to enter standby after 2min in the wiim app. Is there a way to confirm that it's truly entering standby? The power button on the remote doesn't seem to do anything.
This is gonna change with the firmware that's currently rolled out:

The screen will go into stand-by mode immediately after pressing the power button and you'll be able to set the screen to off in stand-by. Both most welcome changes (or rather options).

Last edited:

Suggest that you reboot it. There could be a runaway process that's chewing up 100% CPU. I've seen similar things occasionally with the WiiM Amp which resolve with new firmware updates.

Back