Usb disk not work

audiovue

Plaese help or i return this wiim ultra to you.
When i connect my usb hard drive they not work.
Why.
Grrrrr

Attachments

• 20240810_155035.mp4
    31.7 MB
It could be that it needs additional power, or that it’s not formatted with a file system that the Ultra recognises. What make/model is the drive?

Plaese help or i return this wiim ultra to you.
When i connect my usb hard drive they not work.
Why.
Grrrrr
Are you using ntfs? External drive need external power source to work. You can’t be just relying on ultra usb power.

Are you using ntfs? External drive need external power source to work. You can’t be just relying on ultra usb power.
Yes ntfs and work only with usb keys and i put 512g micro usb in adaptor usb ntfs format and do not work...

SSD or spinning hard drive? With 2.5" I'd had issues running off media box, without the dedicated power supply for the USB hub

Yes ntfs and work only with usb keys and i put 512g micro usb in adaptor usb ntfs format and do not work...
Can you please send a feedback ticket from the WiiM Home App? We'll address it promptly. Thank you for your assistance!

Are you aware of what should happen once you connect a USB storage to the Ultra?

Are you saying that you've been trying a different storage device and it didn't work as well? I don't understand what "adaptor" you are mentioning.

Are you aware of what should happen once you connect a USB storage to the Ultra?

Are you saying that you've been trying a different storage device and it didn't work as well? I don't understand what "adaptor" you are mentioning.
At the moment only my passpot portable hard drive work and one usb key.
Very bad

At the moment only my passpot portable hard drive work and one usb key.
Very bad
So, you own multiple USB storage devices (which you don't dare naming) and some of them are working while others are not?

Are all of them NTFS formatted or just some of them? What exactly happens on screen in the WiiM Home App if a drive "doesn't work"? Did you recognise the maximum output power of 5V * 1.7A supported by the Ultra? Do you know the current demand of those drives that are not working?

I could be wrong, but right now it doesn't really look like you are requesting a feature or searching help from the user community. If you just want to let WiiM know that soemthin is not working and how bad they are, the most efficient way is to send feedback through the WiiM Home App. This feedback will contain device logs so WiiM can look into what's happening with your device after you plugged in a new USB drive.

Ideally you should send new feedback for everyone single USB drive that doesn't work although you are sure it should.

So, you own multiple USB storage devices (which you don't dare naming) and some of them are working while others are not?

Are all of them NTFS formatted or just some of them? What exactly happens on screen in the WiiM Home App if a drive "doesn't work"? Did you recognise the maximum output power of 5V * 1.7A supported by the Ultra? Do you know the current demand of those drives that are not working?

I could be wrong, but right now it doesn't really look like you are requesting a feature or searching help from the user community. If you just want to let WiiM know that soemthin is not working and how bad they are, the most efficient way is to send feedback through the WiiM Home App. This feedback will contain device logs so WiiM can look into what's happening with your device after you plugged in a new USB drive.

Ideally you should send new feedback for everyone single USB drive that doesn't work although you are sure it should.
I maker a ticket on wiim app.
Put in other for me trouble.
And i send pics in the same ticket. Now I check voltage .

Toshiba should be OK.
Seagate: No I go on the device. You'll have to search for specs on the Internet.

Hi all wiimers,
Now i probably pointed the issue with usb.
All my Disk drive usb woking now.
I'll restatr wiim ultra after all change of usb drive.
It's a big bug .
Wiim help to resolve this issue.

But after remove or stop the hard drive or usb drive he rescan approximately. Very bad bug.
Because I want put off the drive and do not work properly after restart the drive.

Back