USB files not being recognized

curtalva

When I insert a USB flash drive in the back of the Ultra after it finishes scanning the display indicates 1052 songs found however after I close the scan window the actually number of songs in the USB input shows as only 50 songs. Why is this? Confounded.

I had the same problem with my Ultra. I removed the flash drive and reinserted it. Then I let it scan for a second time and it's been working fine since then. As to why it happened, I have no idea.

I had the same problem with my Ultra. I removed the flash drive and reinserted it. Then I let it scan for a second time and it's been working fine since then. As to why it happened, I have no idea.
I've retried and rescanned I don't know how many times. It recognizes the 1052 songs on scan but when I close that window and go back to the Audio Input of USB it's only 50 songs.

I wish that I could be more helpful. In my case, once I rescanned the drive a second time everything was fine. I formatted the flash drive "NTSF" and it has about 3,000 songs on it. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the Ultra will give you some advice.

I wish that I could be more helpful. In my case, once I rescanned the drive a second time everything was fine. I formatted the flash drive "NTSF" and it has about 3,000 songs on it. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the Ultra will give you some advice.
As a test I tried NTFS format USB with 66 songs. It found them during the scan all but after I closed the scan window and went back to Audio Input USB only 49 songs.

As a test I tried NTFS format USB with 66 songs. It found them during the scan all but after I closed the scan window and went back to Audio Input USB only 49 songs.
Are you using usb 3 flash drive?

I'm using a SanDisk 3.1 flash drive. Just formatted it NTFS and on re-scan the Ultra found 1064 Songs however 24 Artists and 25 Albums.
Clicked on "Let's Get Started" and ... I'm down to 52 songs, 24 Artists, and 25 Albums again.

Try to let the Ulta scan all the data..
Try a reboot of the ultra.
Better results?

Last edited:
I'm using a SanDisk 3.1 flash drive. Just formatted it NTFS and on re-scan the Ultra found 1064 Songs however 24 Artists and 25 Albums.
Clicked on "Let's Get Started" and ... I'm down to 52 songs, 24 Artists, and 25 Albums again.
So it's only indexing a couple of tracks from each album? That should rule out any file format/tag related problems.
Is it always the same tracks?

There should be a status page at: http://ip-of-ultra:8200/
Does it confirm the 52 audio files?

When I insert a USB flash drive in the back of the Ultra after it finishes scanning the display indicates 1052 songs found however after I close the scan window the actually number of songs in the USB input shows as only 50 songs. Why is this? Confounded.
Hi Curtalva,

We apologize for the inconvenience. To assist us in further debugging, please send feedback through the WiiM Home app by going to App Settings -> Feedback. We will review it as soon as we receive it.

So here is an interesting variation.
If I scan my usb using Android it picks up all my folders and playlists.
But under Songs, Artists nothing now, nada.
Yet on my iPhone it picks up all categories.
Bizarre.

So here is an interesting variation.
If I scan my usb using Android it picks up all my folders and playlists.
But under Songs, Artists nothing now, nada.
Yet on my iPhone it picks up all categories.
Bizarre.
And if you browse via Home Music Share?

Is there any way to do this indexing with the computer? It doesn't work for me and the support email just tells me to "restart and try again"

That’s what I mean but via Android and then Apple. Apple iOS version works a lit better.
Sorry I thought you were talking about the view from USB Input (or whatever it's called).
I would have expected the view from 'Home Music Share > Media Server' to be the same on both devices, as that's served to external control points e.g. BubbleUPnP/mconnect.

Last edited:
Sorry I thought you were talking about the view from USB Input (or whatever it's called).
I would have expected the view from 'Home Music Share > Media Server' to be the same on both devices, as that's served to external control points e.g. BubbleUPnP/mconnect.
I didn't follow this discussion too closely but just wanted to note: Clicking on USB or Home Music Share and then the WiiM DLNA server opens exactly the same view on my WiiM Amp and on my WiiM Ultra.

There is no difference whatsoever.

I didn't follow this discussion too closely but just wanted to note: Clicking on USB or Home Music Share and then the WiiM DLNA server opens exactly the same view on my WiiM Amp and on my WiiM Ultra.

There is no difference whatsoever.
Yep, I was just checking that out. Same display and same results for me (only 50 songs display of the 1052 that were originally detected by the scan on the USB).

Back