v2.12.0

Let's hope it's fixed and not just broken in a different way like the Android app is. The Android app not only has the track artist bug but also now displays the Album title in the artist listing! Thanks @WiiM Team ;)

AndroidArtistIssue.jpg

@WiiM Support,

What one hand giveth the other taketh away!

The Android app has just updated and this week it works for AssetUPnP and not MinimServer! I bet if you used the iOS app to browse AssetUPnP it'll list the AlbumArtist tag in the track listing.

The underlying problem is that when the server sends track metadata to the WHA, instead of picking the non-AlbumArtist tag the Android app used to pick the first and the iOS picked the last. This means that for some servers it worked whilst others it didn't.

<upnp:artist>Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist
role="AlbumArtist">Various Artists</upnp:artist>

Now the Android app picks the last, and I'd bet iOS picks the first!

I guess I'll update my existing open ticket to alert them to this.

What a mess! To be honest I've pretty given up with the Wiim Home App and now use Rigelian with the Wiim proxied (think that's the right term) into an OpenHome renderer via BubbleUPnP Server running on a Raspberry Pi. I have a lot of mixes tagged so the AlbumArtist is the DJ and the Artist for each track is different and having these displayed wrongly really annoys me.

What a mess! To be honest I've pretty given up with the Wiim Home App and now use Rigelian with the Wiim proxied (think that's the right term) into an OpenHome renderer via BubbleUPnP Server running on a Raspberry Pi. I have a lot of mixes tagged so the AlbumArtist is the DJ and the Artist for each track is different and having these displayed wrongly really annoys me.
I'm not on iOS but Rigelian looks decent and has a very reasonable subscription too. I struggle for iOS recommendations but this looks like it certainly fits the bill.
I like the way it offloads all the complexity of interfacing with UPnP renderers to BubbleUPnP Server too :)

Last edited:
I'm not on iOS but Rigelian looks decent and has a very reasonable subscription too. I struggle with iOS recommendations but this looks like it certainly fits the bill.
I like the way it offloads all the complexity of interfacing with UPnP renderers to BubbleUPnP Server too :)
Couldn’t find any renderers on my network, even my Linn amp…

Couldn’t find any renderers on my network, even my Linn amp…
Apart from the Linn do you have any other OpenHome compatible renderers?
It does state on the website that they need to be proxied by BubbleUPnP Server, so maybe that's enforced in order to benefit from the compatibility it offers.

@WiiM Support,

What one hand giveth the other taketh away!

The Android app has just updated and this week it works for AssetUPnP and not MinimServer! I bet if you used the iOS app to browse AssetUPnP it'll list the AlbumArtist tag in the track listing.

The underlying problem is that when the server sends track metadata to the WHA, instead of picking the non-AlbumArtist tag the Android app used to pick the first and the iOS picked the last. This means that for some servers it worked whilst others it didn't.

<upnp:artist>Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist
role="AlbumArtist">Various Artists</upnp:artist>

I guess I'll update my existing open ticket to alert them to this.
Hi Simbun, Team

Thank you for your feedback and great insight. Our team will look at this issue further and help resolve it shortly.

Apart from the Linn do you have any other OpenHome compatible renderers?
It does state on the website that they need to be proxied by BubbleUPnP Server, so maybe that's enforced in order to benefit from the compatibility it offers.
Yeah, I had BubbleUPnP server running, and all my WiiM devices even appeared in my Linn app. And when I tried to add a renderer manually in the app, it didn’t offer somewhere to enter the IP address. I just deleted the app…

Yeah, I had BubbleUPnP server running, and all my WiiM devices even appeared in my Linn app.
That's disappointing.
Some people like Lumin (OpenHome only) but I hate that it caches the library, especially when it only works on the LAN.
The search continues!

Back