VU Meters

Yes, a couple more options would be welcome. I really like the existing one though. It's not too bright or flashy to be distracting while watching TV. I like that it's volume dependent and I can tell by a glance if it's where I like my volume to be. Maybe an option to have the VU meter change with the input selected.

My WuMeter doesn't work well. With fixed volume it only oscillates between 10 and 0. I tried turning fixed volume off, but it still doesn't work well. To get a semblance of correct oscillation I have to turn the Ultra volume down to 50% or less. A software sensitivity attenuator like I have on my Topping D70 Pro Sabre would be necessary. This is for loud albums.

I use my ears for that! ;)

Nope, won't work. If a song that's been recorded at a higher level then the previous one or a favorite song comes on and I turn it up a bit I may inadvertently offend my condo neighbor without realizing it. Looking at the needle I know at a glance where my average SPL is and if the needle starts to pass that level they can hear it. I like my neighbors. :)

Back