What are you listening to?

Of course my "Release of the Day" 😉
(The vinyl is waiting at the Packstation, DHL shows its usual bad Christmas performance. Christmas comes always so unexpected.)
Not that this is important for me, but I've noticed for the first time the resolution in Qobuz (24/96) and NYA (24/192) is different.
Anyway, have a good time @ all.

IMG_2155.jpeg

"Operette" could may be translated "little opera" or "light opera".
A very Austrian/German variety of music theatre. But light does here not mean easy to perform. Many well regard Opera singers knew that and did it.
All about melody, sentiments, love, tears and joy. Very often quite ridiculous and outlandish librettos. But look at "Il Trovatore" for example. 😉
Daniela Damrau since years is my favorite living soprano. I own every recording and we are thankful having seen and heard her in Opera and Concert quite regular.

IMG_2158.jpeg

"Operette" could may be translated "little opera" or "light opera".
A very Austrian/German variety of music theatre. But light does here not mean easy to perform. Many well regard Opera singers knew that and did it.
All about melody, sentiments, love, tears and joy. Very often quite ridiculous and outlandish librettos. But look at "Il Trovatore" for example. 😉
Daniela Damrau since years is my favorite living soprano. I own every recording and we are thankful having seen and heard her in Opera and Concert quite regular.

View attachment 3889
@Achim1811 In Italy too Operetta is a very popular genre;)

One of these days I stuck with one of my many obsessions 😉
Today it seems to be a Soprano day.
Although this recital/compilation from La Divina Cecilia offers already ≈ 30 year old recordings it has lost nothing from its beauty.

IMG_2159.jpeg

Stumbled upon my first 24/192 album on Amazon UHD! Listening this right now with my daughter.
What a brilliant pianist.
Captura-de-Pantalla-2023-06-04-a-las-20.52.18.jpg

Quite sure this will be no popular recommendation, but from time to time I feel my oats.
You AND your HiFi system have to be prepared for extreme complex music! And organ and trumpets. (Although the Mass is a capella, a fact which makes it not easier for the stereo.)
Nothing for on the fly or as sound carpet while doing other things.
I think the booklet is mandatory, for background info as well as for the lyrics.
Time and willingness to hear something new and challenging is also needed. Expect obstacles 😉.

IMG_2160.jpeg

Back