What are you listening to?

Discovered yesterday in the new releases of Qobuz. A young, at least from the album cover, jazz player I didn't know. I've listened to it and it sounds promising. ;)
Immagine 2023-12-09 070110.png

Quite sure this will be no popular recommendation, but from time to time I feel my oats.
You AND your HiFi system have to be prepared for extreme complex music! And organ and trumpets. (Although the Mass is a capella, a fact which makes it not easier for the stereo.)
Nothing for on the fly or as sound carpet while doing other things.
I think the booklet is mandatory, for background info as well as for the lyrics.
Time and willingness to hear something new and challenging is also needed. Expect obstacles 😉.

View attachment 3910
@Achim1811 Hey mate your description intrigued me and the album seems close to my interests, so I will try to listen to it with due calm. I will let you know ;)

While the pack is still sleeping it is headphone time for a KA5 and a Tesla 😉
Another 1972 album, this time as wake-up.
Have a good 2nd Advent @ all.

IMG_2186.jpeg

A record that maybe isn't exactly suitable for the first morning, but a great record. I think that @Achim1811 will appreciate it.
I bet he already knows it, but..repetita iuvant. ;) By the way, the recording is state of the art. Enjoy
Immagine 2023-12-10 085435.png

A record that maybe isn't exactly suitable for the first morning, but a great record. I think that @Achim1811 will appreciate it.
I bet he already knows it, but..repetita iuvant. ;) By the way, the recording is state of the art. Enjoy
View attachment 3941
Silent veto, mate!
It seems I am not so German at all 😉 and had that already many times.
Two of the great B in German music history Brahms and Bruckner for me (and please forgive me) wrote some of the most boring music I know. Too academic and too constructed. Some great melodies, yes. But not enough. Remember Brahms first symphony was often called Beethoven's 10th? Brahms himself was the one who surely did not take that as compliment 😉 when he answered it's a shame every idiot can hear it.
There are two B in Germany I name great, Bach and Berg (ok, he was from Austria).
There are two Requiems I like (as far as a Requiem can be liked), Mozart and Verdi.
For sure Klemperer, the Philharmonic and DiFiDi did well and yes, I know the record. But not amongst my favorite.
Sorry for the sermon, but you should know me for long blabla 😂

Last edited:
Back