What are you listening to?

One of the once legendary and/or infamous Charly Antolini recordings.
Be careful with the volume knob, your speakers will be thankful.
For me two or three tracks are most of the time enough, it can strain ones ears. 😉

IMG_2195.jpeg

Drums, simply drums 😉 we used it as speaker killers during the 90s...
The original or even a re-release Knock Out vinyl from the late 80s (not on any streaming service) was together with the Telarc of Tschaikowskys 1812 and Beethoven's Wellington the criterion for cartridges (jump) and speakers (membrane killers).

I always recall track 22 on this Hi Fi News test CD coming with a warning of “It’s important to set the correct level before playing this track. It is recommended that the playback level should be set so that the voices from the children … are as loud as they would be if you were standing 100 metres away from them.”

Don’t recall if I was ever brave enough to play the track— and these days, I wouldn’t be able to hear children 100m away 😜😂

IMG_8369.jpeg

I always recall track 22 on this Hi Fi News test CD coming with a warning of “It’s important to set the correct level before playing this track. It is recommended that the playback level should be set so that the voices from the children … are as loud as they would be if you were standing 100 metres away from them.”

Don’t recall if I was ever brave enough to play the track— and these days, I wouldn’t be able to hear children 100m away 😜😂

View attachment 3977
Fascinating detail.

Fascinating detail.
The booklet that came with the CD is full of recording techniques and playback details like that, what types of mics were used etc. I think I’ve played it once ;)

Don’t think I ever ripped it - I might do that and see how it sounds (track 22 apart..) via my WiiMs.

The booklet that came with the CD is full of recording techniques and playback details like that, what types of mics were used etc. I think I’ve played it once ;)

Don’t think I ever ripped it - I might do that and see how it sounds (track 22 apart..) via my WiiMs.
Available via Ebay for 50-100 usd.!

This young girl appeared on what looks and sounds like the Russian version of The Voice (yes, I know, but...)

There are some videos on YT where she sings 'Human' (Rag'n'Bone Man) and 'Wicked Game' (Chris Izaak) which are amazing (apart from the awful screaming audience). Worth hunting down

Here she is singing in a calmer more traditional manner

Back