What are you listening to?

Another heartwarming retrospection..
In 1967 she'd won the Grand Prix de Eurovision with "Puppet on a String". Her trademark was always singing barefoot.
Pop artist and psychotherapist, sounds like a useful mixture for herself 😉. One of the idols from me as a teenager (yes, I was once) with a poster in my room among countless others. Strange, only women...

IMG_2196.jpeg

Now an album with the same drummer, Charly Antolini, that @Achim1811 suggested yesterday. Difference is.......that this album is listeneable.😂😂
A curiosity about this album. Among the performers is Romano Mussolini. A famous jazz musician in Italy.
Well, he was one of Benito Mussolini's sons. Yes, that very Mussolini. Fathers and sons are not always the same.;)
Immagine 2023-12-12 074922.png

No Blues today 😂
And I know it is kind of blasphemy in educated musical circles: Never found a way towards Nina Simone 🤷🏻‍♂️
added via edit: Sorry @Maurizio 😉

My stock answer to the question what I rate as best run of albums is (I guess forever) the three Fairport Convention albums from 1969. Time for the first one right now.

IMG_2197.jpeg

Another early "speaker and stylus killer".
Nothing left from emotions and punch when I compared it with the Qobuz stream of the album. Nice, clean and convenient, not more.
I know, no scientifically proven explanation for that. May be the care I have to give to an LP and the turntable makes the miracle in my mind.
As long as vinyl will be available it will remain my medium to go. (And there are clear signs that vinyl will longer be available than me. 😉)

IMG_2198.jpeg

Poor Berta !!! 😲 😲 Now I've seen them all!! Cosimo understands and expresses solidarity with Berta. 😂😂;)
My wife hosted a few little girls from the neighborhood teaching them baking cookies for Christmas. Berta loves them all and she is where she always wants to be. In the middle of everything!

My wife hosted a few little girls from the neighborhood teaching them baking cookies for Christmas. Berta loves them all and she is where she always wants to be. In the middle of everything!
I well know this. Cosimo does the same. 😣😂;)

Back