What are you listening to?

Last of the heavy stuff for today. This one is 5 years old.
Berserker proves: Amon Amarth can't make a bad album at all. In fan circles, the eleventh work is not exactly considered the best record of the Swedes, but even a relatively weak Amon Amarth album still brings strong songs! Titles like Raven's Flight or Shield Wall are still being cheered live. (In my then ranking Berserker left rightly Grand Magus and Bad Religion behind them.)

IMG_3082.jpeg

Volume knob two strokes direction quieter and back to normal. Live is live. The cover would be so much nicer with the right guitar ;-)

IMG_3083.jpeg

And now something totally different ;-)
This guy is for sure not a second (or 12th?) Keith Jarrett but it is fine contemplative, ambient and relaxing piano playing. For those interested in: The Dolby Atmos mix on Tidal and Apple sounds fantastic.

IMG_3084.jpeg

And now something totally different ;-)
This guy is for sure not a second (or 12th?) Keith Jarrett but it is fine contemplative, ambient and relaxing piano playing. For those interested in: The Dolby Atmos mix on Tidal and Apple sounds fantastic.

View attachment 6884
He also did the music for TV series House of Cards

ps: Deezer is much underrated - offers much more than Spotify with music, live radio streams and podcasts. All it needs is something like Tidal's videos to be the go-to streamer!

Born in Western London, passed in Colorado only 51 years old. Neither The Small Faces nor The Faces without his voice and bass guitar. Plonk is still regular guest on my stereo.

IMG_3085.jpeg

Celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Strat. Cliff Richard bought the first red - white - gold one for Hank Marvin in 1969. It became his signature guitar for ever. Hank, born in Newcastle upon Tyne, will be 83 in October.

IMG_3086.jpeg

Hi all,
Going Celtic this evening. Loreena McKennitt, a Canadian singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and composer who writes, records, and performs world music with Celtic and Middle Eastern influences. (Wikipedia) And .... a voice to die for. The concert she did in 2006 in Alhambra (Spain) was one of the best she ever did. The location adding to the overall experience of everybody attending to that exceptional live performance. Best regards, Martin.IMG_1926.PNG

He is Neo, John Wick, Ted Logan, John Constantine or, in the gaming world, Johnny Silverhand. But is Keanu Reeves also a good bass player?
He noticeably enjoys playing in a band. More precisely in his band, Dogstar, founded in 1991, dissolved in 2002, active again since 2022.
Dogstar are a classic alternative rock band.
The good with him, a video for Fender (not for me) has shown this once again, is how much fun he has playing bass, how much he loves to have the Precision in his hand and to play a song, to write songs, to be in a band.
The most important thing about his playing is: It serves the song. Solid and impeccable. He doesn't indulge in a solo spot, populist stunts or experiments. He is a bass player in a classic alternative rock band and he does this thing well. A lousy rhythm section means a lousy band. It doesn't matter if he's Neo, Wick, Ted or Johnny Silverhand.

IMG_3093.jpeg

Here's some detail for connoisseurs of left-field radio. 📻😎😁

And here's a taste for German speaking readers./listeners

Last edited:
Screenshot_2024-05-02-18-35-11-610_com.spotify.music-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-02-18-36-50-737_com.spotify.music-edit.jpg
This morning, I was rummaging through My Playlist and found it. I hadn't really listened to her music very seriously until now. (This voice is a bit out of my taste.)

But for some reason, I decided to listen to it again. Maybe it's because of the spring breeze. Do you have any music that you would like to listen to this season?

By the way, my lower back are screaming because I carried 6 boxes of heavy and large luggage to the second floor. Before summer arrives, strained back may arrives.

By the end of the workday, I had gone through these two albums five times. It's time for me to fall in love with Ingrid's voice, but it never was. And it can't heal my lower back pain.

But, I think she's a singer with a good voice.🤗

Back