What are you listening to?

Bet no one can understand my pain receiving a bunch of new LPs and no turntable at hand?! But no permit from my wife for another one and I do not take the risk to transport one for only a few weeks. So, Qobuz be praised. Not the new LP version because afaik the remaster is for vinyl only.
In the United Kingdom, as in whole Europe, the informed and loving handling by the Rival Sons of the great hard rock pioneers was better appreciated than in their American homeland. The third album showed once again how the band around Jay Buchanan not only knew how to recreate the sound, especially of the early Led Zeppelin, but also to vary it quite excitingly. Fans of classic guitar rock need the album alone for the two-part "Manifest Destiny" suite with a four-minute (!) Scott Holiday-Solo!

IMG_3204.jpeg

The Kentucky rockers give a nod to their roots while showing their depth, using a mixture of strongly emotional songs and upbeat, feel-good summer music in this, their sixth album.
"Out Loud", "Ball and Chain" and "Good Time" create a sense of distortion through harsh instrumentals, reflecting how the band are navigating loss and trauma.
Opener "Hifi (True Light)" sets the tone, while "Shy Eyes" leans into their heavier rock sound. Seemingly inspired by indie acts such as Tame Impala, their new mix adopts a synthesized sound in "Rainbow". The album concludes on an emotional low but musical high with "Over Your Shoulder".
Produced by John Hill for RCA.
Highly recommended!

IMG_3206.jpeg

Is he the guy from 16 Horsepower? I saw them in a bar in Breckenridge at the time of their first album 😀
Yes he is..I have all their albums.. a fan for many years.
Wow did you see them live..😮👌must be an amazing experience.
I hope to see woven hand soon.

Back to back with MA 😉
Daddy G wasn't part of this record due to a baby break, but later he joined the 100th Window tour.
The reasons I nevertheless like this expectable, sometimes "too commercial" and for listeners not very demanding album are in first line the guest artists like Damon Albarn, Horace Andy and Sinéad O'Connor.

IMG_3210.jpeg

It's funny how the slightest thing makes me think of a piece of music.
This time it's @Achim1811's fault for his picture of an Ultra in "Farbe schwarz"
If you do try it, don't expect a masterpiece!

Screenshot_20240529-215556_WiiM Home.jpg

Off to see this guy on Friday night so just reminding myself how good he is.

1716984394327.png

IMG_0057.png
Great album with outstanding recording quality. Varied and multi-layered arrangements. Best sound quality, although “only” CD resolution. Tip: don't listen too quietly. 😉

Back