What are you listening to?

Seasoned. And somehow boring. Same songs recorded again and again. Sorry, John. By far not among the better later works of all the old heroes. But of course also no pain for the ears. Elevator music. There is enough earlier and better stuff from him and: Never forget a racehorse's best form!

IMG_3346.jpegIMG_3346.jpeg

Seasoned. And somehow boring. Same songs recorded again and again. Sorry, John. By far not among the better later works of all the old heroes. But of course also no pain for the ears. Elevator music. There is enough earlier and better stuff from him and: Never forget a racehorse's best form!

View attachment 7709View attachment 7709
I think it was around the time they cut off their hair that it started going downhill... ;)

No Ozzy, no Bill!
A fresh mastering is always a reason to re-listen to a well known album which was for me since ever a proof Tony Martin was a "criminally underrated" singer 😉.
Can I hear a difference out of this remaster? Definitively not in streaming. Lets see what the vinyl will bring.

IMG_3347.jpeg

No Ozzy, no Bill!
A fresh mastering is always a reason to re-listen to a well known album which was for me since ever a proof Tony Martin was a "criminally underrated" singer 😉.
Can I hear a difference out of this remaster? Definitively not in streaming. Lets see what the vinyl will bring.

View attachment 7719
Ooohhh, I do like this album.
Will look for the remaster...

There is a German You Tube Channel (Across.the.Borderline, in German or more precise in Ruhrpott-ish) where a really nice and aged guy, Erwin, talks about music in a way and with a taste I like. One series is "Classic Albums Re-Listened". Today's selection:

IMG_3355.jpeg

Early bird headphone time.
Again something from the borders of the repertoire. Stewart Copeland. Les Claypool. Try Anastasio. Obviously a supergroup. With Claypool as one of the best bassists ever.

IMG_3362.jpeg

If you only want to have one ambient album in your collection, take the last one from Eno's four-part series. AMBIENT 4: ON LAND is a classic that contains pretty much everything that makes up the genre. Because Eno reaches the technical limits of his synthesisers during the recordings, he also uses animal sounds, field recordings and uses himself in his own sound archive.
With the sounding of real existing places such as the Lizard Point In Cornwall, Eno paints a musical landscape that is so frosty that it is better to put on a jacket before entering it.
And not much action for the VU meters 😉

IMG_3369.jpeg

Back