What are you listening to?

Certain things never become too old. And once more a record where, for me, never ever any format reached the magic of vinyl.

IMG_3528.jpeg

Last for today.
The signature is clear from the very first tone: Thom Yorke! But we don't hear Radiohead or one of his solo projects, but actually a then new band? Whether this is a side act or the successor project of Radiohead, the future will show. In any case, Yorke also meets here his radiohead buddy Jonny Greenwood. Third in team is the jazz drummer Tom Skinner, who was and is a member of bands such as Sons Of Kemet and Melt Yourself Down.

IMG_3534.jpeg

Your own rip?
Yes. There was one point during "In The Flesh" where the stylus got stuck in a groove (back in the day I had been forced to buy a second copy because of this but the first pressing had much better sound). I had to carefully position my thumbnail adjacent to the headshell to nudge it ever so slightly to force it to continue 🤣

Something for breakfast, alone at home means the volume decision is exclusively mine 😉
For the guys from Biffy Clyro I do not find the appropriate drawer in the common pop/rock genres. They often said that they 'hate single releases and avoid them. If you want to get an idea of this combo, you have to listen to a whole album in their opinion. The Kilmarnockians tell whole stories with their CDs. Mixing engineer and producer was Chris Sheldon, most of the time a guarantee for good sounding albums.

IMG_3536.jpeg

@Mr Ee No idea if this department is yours 😉 But they will be in Oz in October. Coincidentally I found their announcement.
“Panther, Panther, Panther, Oi Oi Oi!!!! It’s that time once again, Steel Panther have stolen their mum’s credit cards and bought flights to Australia,” they say.
On this tour Down Under, we are planning on rocking you so hard that you will need to make a doctor’s appointment to fix all the organs that will explode from the deep, penetrating joy of partying with these American heavy metal legends and world-class athletes.”

IMG_3537.jpeg

Time for my daily dose of Pink Floyd.
Among my Top 3 Floyd albums. Quite alone with this ranking, I know. But “I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...”

IMG_3538.jpegm

How it all began...every single one of this box sets is crucial for a Floyd fan and simply a treasure! Again, so much music, so less time 😉 Here played via mconnectHD.

IMG_3540.jpeg

@Mr Ee No idea if this department is yours 😉 But they will be in Oz in October. Coincidentally I found their announcement.
“Panther, Panther, Panther, Oi Oi Oi!!!! It’s that time once again, Steel Panther have stolen their mum’s credit cards and bought flights to Australia,” they say.
On this tour Down Under, we are planning on rocking you so hard that you will need to make a doctor’s appointment to fix all the organs that will explode from the deep, penetrating joy of partying with these American heavy metal legends and world-class athletes.”

View attachment 8057
Yeeess...
Some of their song titles / lyrics are perhaps less than PC, but I might just have to put on their Top Tracks for the evening :ROFLMAO:

The boys still love needles in cartridges. And it is always better to obey. Otherwise Sir Paul will give me another nasty phone call 😂

IMG_3542.jpeg

Back