What are you listening to?

When I digitised my vinyl copy of her greatest hits I was shocked to find it was 70 minutes for a single album. It sounds OK considering the low level 🤣
I think I am now in an age where the Vinyl Authorities will pardon me. Never did it before. By coincidence this morning I re-read McGowan in another context about dynamic ranges and he made me kind of curios. May be it is never too late 😉

I guess this might be well known in the UK (well if you have taste 🤣) but the excellent duo of Radcliffe & Maconie have been running “The Chain” for many years on BBC 6Music radio where listeners get to choose a track linked to the previous one played, often obvious and occasionally tenuous. This is the first of several playlists on Spotify containing those tracks and worth a listen imho…

Yes it’s the new 180g one but as I remember it and I could just be wrong the original one was same as mine but it is over 50 years ago😜

I lost all my vinyl on the twists and turns of life and time
Just started replacing all my favourite albums and albums that meant a lot to me at the time omg the prices now!

As many of my generation I gave away too many of my vinyls in early 80s. The hype of the affordable CD players caught me too. So many albums had to be purchased once more. The last years I bought more and more 2nd hand. From dealers or on trading floors only, not via the all mighty Discogs mafia 😉
By the way, prices seem to remain stable 😂

IMG_3865.jpeg

Back