What are you listening to?

Prog on the border to Metal. Arjen Anthony Lucassen is Ayreon, Ayreon is Arjen Anthony Lucassen! That's how it is - and yet again not. The Dutch guitarist remains the spiritual father of the project, the complete music comes from him, he plays guitar, bass and keyboards, and yet is only one of many. One of many well-known musicians standing in line to participate. The list of participating artists is long on every released album. Bombast!

IMG_3961.jpeg

Among todays releases on Qobuz (and I guess all the others too) is a bunch of Pat Paay's albums in new masterings! In HighRes also, one has to decide if it is important or audible 😉. Anyway, not too bad for a Friday morning.

IMG_3963.jpeg

And also reality... Kids taking over mid-album...

No complaints, I am actually very happy that they ask to take over. That they want to listen and enjoy music every single day...

Still a naive dream they'll some day start enjoying "boring daddy music" but they should find their own taste and preferences...

1000007496.jpg

And also reality... Kids taking over mid-album...

No complaints, I am actually very happy that they ask to take over. That they want to listen and enjoy music every single day...

Still a naive dream they'll some day start enjoying "boring daddy music" but they should find their own taste and preferences...

View attachment 8734
One day your grandchildren will say: Uh, it is Opa's music again! But thats fine, they have to learn there's different music 😉

My above mentioned album doesn't fulfill the promises for longer than 12 minutes. So for redemption reliable artists 😉
Once you finished and survived the ridiculous intro you'll find Saxon (nearly) at its best.

IMG_3968.jpeg

New Discoveries. I did not know them.

Lykke Li
Screenshot_2024-07-05-17-58-24-532_com.spotify.music-edit.jpg

Starting today, "Dance, Dance, Dance" will be my new alarm clock. 😃

Back