What are you listening to?

Ruaway Girl sounds interesting 🤣
It wouldn't be allowed these days 😏

It's strange to think that all over Northern Germany there are 1000s of Audis, VWs, Porsches speeding down the Autobahnen listening to the sounds of the 60s-80s.
They're playing 'If you leave me now' - Chicago - right now 😎

Last edited:

It's strange to think that all over Northern Germany there are 1000s of Audis, VWs, Porsches speeding down the Autobahnen listening to the sounds of the 60s-80s.
"In the still of light" sounds equally interesting. Where on earth do they find these dodgy compilations?

"In the still of light" sounds equally interesting. Where on earth do they find these dodgy compilations?
Looks like the titles have been typed from a list on to this album cover possibly by a non English speaker or very poor typist ;) The cover is fine on Qobuz where you’ll see “in the still of the night” …

It's 130 km speed limit on more and more sectors of the Autobahn. And more and more traffic jams. And more and more Dutch caravans. And even more German wannabees with their SUVs. So no need speeding down any longer 😂

Last edited:
It's 130 km speed limit on more and more sectors of the Autobahn. And more and more traffic jams. And more and more Dutch caravans. And even more German idiots with their SUVs. So no need speeding down any longer 😂
I recall driving down the Autobahn towards Basel in our Ro-80 - in the rear view mirror there was a tiny distant car... in seconds the 'tiny' car came whooshing past at one helluva lick! My first experience of the no-limit motorway!
Such times! 😁

1720544413490.png

Last edited:
Remember some custom tuned Ro 80s with Otto motors. It was a beautiful car. Time wasn't ripe for this technology. And like with VTOLs German industry gave up, eventually too early.

Remember some custom tuned Ro 80s with Otto motors. It was a beautiful car. Time wasn't ripe for this technology. And like with VTOLs German industry gave up, eventually too early.
I loved that car (almost as much as the 2CV we bought new in Munich years later). My wife learned to drive with the Ro 80 and because it was a semi-automatic her licence was restricted to automatics only. Ours was a dark burgundy red with matching velour seats. LUXURY!
As I said, such times 😁

Back