What are you listening to?

To begin why not something weird? Why not? Early morning may not be the best time to listen to this music, but you can listen to it at another time. ;)

Immagine 2023-09-04 083207.jpg
To get back to normal some Prog Rock
Immagine 2023-09-04 083625.jpg
and a bit of blues
Immagine 2023-09-04 084026.jpg
and... I'd end up with this. No jazz this morning, sorry ;):cool:
Immagine 2023-09-04 084548.jpg
Have a nice week everyone :cool:

Fine album from a great guitar player. Was interesting for me to listen again because they released a super duper anniversary edition and I wanted to have an impression of sound quality all over and relevance of the bonus tracks on the 2nd CD. Streaming scored 1:0, because it made clear for me that neither the sound nor the added tracks make a purchase necessary. But, the original album was and is still a brilliant one.

IMG_1611.jpeg

Read another obituary for Robbie Robertson in German Rolling Stone this afternoon. And as the sentimental old crow I am I have to confess Arcadian Driftwood still wets my eyes 🥲

IMG_1612.jpeg

R.I.P. Steve Harwell, infamous for his audience slandering. But under all circumstances worth a re-listening!

IMG_1615.jpeg

Awaiting a sunny day at the Coast. Wife and dog are back in superb condition 😉
The next (crazy) selection. Music for solo cello? Really?
Mischa Maisky: "If music is my religion Bach's Six Suites are my bible!"
The first recording from Pablo Casals still seems to be a reference. But for a first-time-listener I would recommend avoiding the barriers of not so good sound quality. Therefore this contemporary recording is my choice.

Screenshot_20230905_044736_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

Remember back in 1972 this Dutch band started a hype for Rock adapted classical themes with this album. Fun to listen first time after many years. 😉

IMG_1623.jpeg

Yes, the cover was an obstacle which I didn't jump till yesterday. Kinda Harry Styles style..too bold for me.
But an article in new BBC Music Magazine sent me on the way. Great stuff for guitar lovers!

IMG_1629.jpegScreenshot_20230906_165950_Qobuz Bta.jpeg

Back