What are you listening to?

Live from Inglewood, CA back in 1977.
As far as I know the first official release in brilliant sound quality.
Should become a good day today. Finally the first boxes with my stereo will arrive. So end of all this lightweight listening in sight 😉
Have a good Friday @ everyone!

Screenshot_20230908_052940_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

New boxset announced, so time for re-listening. A "criminally underrated" 😉 album from Tull.

IMG_1635.jpeg

Busy Friday, some really good new releases.
For those who like drawers it could be "Melodic Prog".
(The artist bio's copyright by AllMusic)

IMG_1637.jpegIMG_1636.jpeg

'All she wants to do is dance', Don Henley. Whoops the track finished lol. Now: 'Where's The Shoorar' Elton John.

"Whereas the Flo and Eddie years were dominated by rambling, off-color comedy routines, Over-Nite Sensation, (released 50 years ago today) tightened up the song structures and tucked sexual and social humor into melodic, technically accomplished heavy guitar rock with jazzy chord changes and funky rhythms; meanwhile, Zappa's growling new post-accident voice takes over the storytelling."

- Steve Huey (Allmusic)

IMG_1638.jpeg

Another Steven Wilson project.
The "Deluxe" version has the nicer cover for my taste. The additional tracks are not very exciting. But the red Pontiac on the cover looks good 😉IMG_1648.jpeg

IMG_1647.jpeg

Peggy Lee, an iconic and undisputed superstar in those times. No borders between Swing and Pop, the orchestras in the studios were excellent. Sometimes the sound of the orchestra comes a little bit more "shrill" and "in front" (although it are mono recordings 😉and thanks heaven no artificial stereo) than we are used to have today.

IMG_1649.jpeg

Enough is said and done. The truck with the big guns finally arrived. From RAM to ROM is now my way.
It was an honor, Ladies and Gentlemen. Take careI

IMG_1656.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I dropped out on you guys, but my Father passed on Saturday evening so I've a bit distracted and preoccupied. But I have been listening to Radio Caroline lately for something to have on. I did finish building my speaker cables.

Screenshot (Sep 12, 2023 05_34_16).pngCables.jpg

Back