What are you listening to?

Moi aussi :)

Was first introduced to her (well her music) in the French language lab at school by an otherwise rather stern Marist Brother who taught us French. Guess that would be around ‘68 or so...

New discoveries.

Jazzy House Mix at a Cocktail Lounge | Tinzo

This is a video of a house party for "Book Club Radio" in New York. Listening to this in upmixed Dolby Atmos is a recent favorite. I also like the dance of Tinzo, one of the organizers.

I found only one of her solo songs on Amazon music.
Screenshot_2023-10-30-19-12-46-816_com.amazon.mp3-edit.jpg

Does anyone know about Book Club Radio and Tinzo?

Hi, @Achim1811

Thank you so so much!
You are always kind to me. 😊

I accidentally missed Spotify! It may be more substantial than YTM.
Should I buy a WiiM amp? Or should I buy a DJ mixer? 🤔😂

Ask your Dackel, they are always right! The one he or she wagging the tail more is the gear-to-go 😂
My Dackel is banging Amazon cardboard box over and over again with her tail.
It looks like the tail will fly off someday. 🤔😂

So a question, going through my 1000+ discs, I want to transfer to NAS. What do you use to record to media? I could go .wav or .flac. thanks all.
The best CD Ripper for Windows is probably dbPoweramp Reference Edition. This costs £30 or so but well worth it for its tagging ability.

Tips
Go FLAC at level 5 and before you start properly investigate Replay Gain. Unless you are absolutely sure you will never need it add it to dbPoweramp’s settings.
Configure it to write files in disc-track-title .FLAC format with disc and track in 2 digit format eg 01,02 etc
Also ensure you configure it to add folder.jpg to each album folder
You can configure it to rip directly to your NAS folder.

The best CD Ripper for Windows is probably dbPoweramp Reference Edition. This costs £30 or so but well worth it for its tagging ability.

Tips
Go FLAC at level 5 and before you start properly investigate Replay Gain. Unless you are absolutely sure you will never need it add it to dbPoweramp’s settings.
Configure it to write files in disc-track-title .FLAC format with disc and track in 2 digit format eg 01,02 etc
Also ensure you configure it to add folder.jpg to each album folder
You can configure it to rip directly to your NAS folder.
And in terms of folder structure, use album-artist/album. I’d also add Artist to the file name, so disc-track-title-artist.FLAC to cater for compilations.

And in terms of folder structure, use album-artist/album. I’d also add Artist to the file name, so disc-track-title-artist.FLAC to cater for compilations.
I’m not sure Artist is strictly necessary if you set the compilation tag but TBH my knowledge of how upnp servers might deal with such a situation is limited (obviously) as LMS definitely doesn’t need Artist in the file name for compilations. In fact it doesn’t even need the compilation tag.

I’m not sure Artist is strictly necessary if you set the compilation tag but TBH my knowledge of how upnp servers might deal with such a situation is limited (obviously) as LMS definitely doesn’t need Artist in the file name for compilations. In fact it doesn’t even need the compilation tag.
I use it simply from the point of view of the file name in Windows explorer showing the track artist when the album-artist is “various artists”, not necessarily from the POV of whichever server software I’m using.

I use it simply from the point of view of the file name in Windows explorer showing the track artist when the album-artist is “various artists”, not necessarily from the POV of whichever server software I’m using.
Ok I can see that. Could result in a very long file name though.

I said goodbye to Amazon music today.

After a long period of joy and hardship, I have finally reached the limit of my patience.

So, I think this will be the last post from AM.

This song is one of the most famous farewell songs in my country. Vocalist "Kazumasa Oda" was born in 1947. He is a 76-year-old man, but his very clear voice does not fade with age.

Yes,
It's very similar to that song by Eagles. 😅

Goodbye / Off Course
Screenshot_2023-11-02-15-45-58-650_com.amazon.mp3-edit.jpg

He is still active as a solo artist and released a new single this year.

Screenshot_2023-11-02-16-12-32-275_com.spotify.music-edit.jpg

Back