What are you listening to?

I would have thought of Indonesia everything except that it had great jazz musicians. 🤔
This Joey Alexander is just amazing.
This is his first album, recorded at the age of 11 together with famous jazz musicians. Seeing is believing.;)
Immagine 2023-11-10 111315.png
His other albums are also worth listening to.😊

A man and a Telecaster! On "SludgeFeast" from this album J Mascis shows so much what made him one of my (many 😉) all time guitar heroes.

IMG_1906.jpeg

This brings back lots of varied memories. Friday 13 March 2020. My first ever visit to RAH. My wife got me the tickets for my birthday. As we travelled down to London on the train everyone was on their phones talking about one subject only. Covid. We got off the train at Euston at about 4pm. London was deserted. No traffic whatsoever. No sirens. We walked to the Travelodge where we were staying close to Waterloo. That’s a fair distance. I was starting to have my doubts as to the wisdom of the visit. Found a pub and had a pint. Strangely quiet inside. We walked to RAH area and found a little Italian. Nice meal as I recall. Found our seats at RAH. Worst position possible but although the support act were on the place was empty. Decided to ask if we could move seats. It’s always this quiet during the support act said the doorman but he directed us to a lady who was clearly a senior manager. My wife played the big fan, first visit, birthday card and the manager magicked up some alternate seats. Front row no less! Ferry was awesome. SWMBO isn’t a fan but even she acknowledged the quality of the show. We didn’t get Covid but Boris locked us all down just a week later.

♪ Playing The Thrill Of It All (Live) by Bryan Ferry from Live At The Royal Albert Hall 2020 (Deluxe Digital Album) (2021) (Local • 949kbps VBR, 16bit, 44.1kHz, FLC)

I was there

IMG_6642.jpg

If this was already presented here (@Maurizio ?): Sorry!
No big fan from small combo modern Jazz but there are of course exceptions. (At least as a guitar is involved.)
Album title reminds to Grateful Dead. And to quote Scofield: "Work hard and music will grant you its secret!"
Superior weekend @ all (and cross fingers my explanations of A flat major and A minor scales today will reach my granddaughter. 😇)

Screenshot_20231111_053211_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

If this was already presented here (@Maurizio ?): Sorry!
No big fan from small combo modern Jazz but there are of course exceptions. (At least as a guitar is involved.)
Album title reminds to Grateful Dead. And to quote Scofield: "Work hard and music will grant you its secret!"
Superior weekend @ all (and cross fingers my explanations of A flat major and A minor scales today will reach my granddaughter. 😇)

View attachment 3310
Great choice @Achim1811!! I'm a big fan of Mr. Scofield and i have almost all of his albums in my library. ;)
I'd like to propose another album of this great guitarist. Enough energetic for a sunny saturday.🤗
Immagine 2023-11-11 073729.png
A nice weekend to all 😊

Back