What are you listening to?

A record that maybe isn't exactly suitable for the first morning, but a great record. I think that @Achim1811 will appreciate it.
I bet he already knows it, but..repetita iuvant. ;) By the way, the recording is state of the art. Enjoy
Immagine 2023-12-10 085435.png

I always recall track 22 on this Hi Fi News test CD coming with a warning of “It’s important to set the correct level before playing this track. It is recommended that the playback level should be set so that the voices from the children … are as loud as they would be if you were standing 100 metres away from them.”

Don’t recall if I was ever brave enough to play the track— and these days, I wouldn’t be able to hear children 100m away 😜😂

IMG_8369.jpeg

I always recall track 22 on this Hi Fi News test CD coming with a warning of “It’s important to set the correct level before playing this track. It is recommended that the playback level should be set so that the voices from the children … are as loud as they would be if you were standing 100 metres away from them.”

Don’t recall if I was ever brave enough to play the track— and these days, I wouldn’t be able to hear children 100m away 😜😂

View attachment 3977
Fascinating detail.

Fascinating detail.
The booklet that came with the CD is full of recording techniques and playback details like that, what types of mics were used etc. I think I’ve played it once ;)

Don’t think I ever ripped it - I might do that and see how it sounds (track 22 apart..) via my WiiMs.

The booklet that came with the CD is full of recording techniques and playback details like that, what types of mics were used etc. I think I’ve played it once ;)

Don’t think I ever ripped it - I might do that and see how it sounds (track 22 apart..) via my WiiMs.
Available via Ebay for 50-100 usd.!

Back