What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I think that the only way to give a premium product just for music and with an acceptable price is to remove all the superfluous:
- No DAC
- No display
- No Toslink out
- possibly no to HDMI for TV
and put what really matters:
- Yes I2S
- Yes, Coax
- Yes USB for reading files from ssd
- Yes clock improved
- Yes power supply
good quality linear (external).
- Same Case as the Wiim Pro
The body can remain plastic as long as good internal shielding is done.

Why no toslink? That’s essential for me as my coax input on my amp is already used for something else, plus optical doesn’t suffer the same shielding issues that coax
I think it's useless because in reality the connections are always very delicate and a well shielded coax loses less signal. At least this memory...

I think it's useless because in reality the connections are always very delicate and a well shielded coax loses less signal. At least this memory...
Not in my experience - once I seat an optical connection properly in place, I have no need to disturb it - if you follow some basic rules with it, you can accommodate any thoughts of it being fragile or delicate. Plus loss of signal over short domestic distances is very unlikely and could result in the signal not being bit perfect, which we know it is from experience

I try to articulate my suggestion differently:
The device is able to receive what to play from the WiimHome app and to reproduce this content on any (DLNA) renderer in the local network.
So basically you want the WiiM device to be a server, doling out any file it receives from streaming services?

So basically you want the WiiM device to be a server, doling out any file it receives from streaming services?
You got it.
Replace DLNA by DLNA, LMS, Sonos ...
AFAIK all are extensions of DLNA ...
Think of WiimHome app as a double DLNA controller or put a DLNA controller into the device.

Last edited:
Not in my experience - once I seat an optical connection properly in place, I have no need to disturb it - if you follow some basic rules with it, you can accommodate any thoughts of it being fragile or delicate. Plus loss of signal over short domestic distances is very unlikely and could result in the signal not being bit perfect, which we know it is from experience
Not in my experience. Regarding the signal try the differenze between a standard 0,5m toslink cable and a good quality 0,5m made of glassa. I'll wait for tour commenta

Don’t you just love HiFi snake oil? I use it to clean my stylus. Nothing better

But! We've had it here before and I confess that I very often know and accept that there is no audible difference. But nevertheless I spend much money for look and feel. Helps me to have even more joy on music.

Here’s a conundrum. You have a media streamer with no internal DAC. It has coax, optical and USB out. Is there any possible argument that the power supply can make any difference to SQ?

But! We've had it here before and I confess that I very often know and accept that there is no audible difference. But nevertheless I spend much money for look and feel. Helps me to have even more joy on music.
It’s human nature to a degree - if you spend 500€ on a cable, you’d want it to sound better than a 10€ one, so it does ;)

Back