What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I trust that it will be a good product! No doubt… Just a question . I get a low volume output from tv either by using optical out to optical in to my dac or using Bluetooth. This happens both on public channels and Netflix / Disney plus native tv apps . This is a 2018 Samsung qled tv . This does not happen on YouTube native tv app. I wonder if the new wiim will have hdmi in that will address multichannel outputs. Maybe the tv converts the Dolby Digital signal to pcm and this phenomenon occurs …

Last edited:
Hi guys, I suggest an i2S output feeded by a good clock and a good linear power supply so you don't have to buy additional DDCs. No display, yes tò HDMI for TV.

Last edited:
Hi Smartplug, Team

Thank you very much for all your feedback. WiiM Pro Plus is coming out next month. Thus, we can't take these suggestions due to our product release schedule.

We're seeking suggestions since we have two products in design that we can add or remove the interfaces or functionalities. Thus, your suggestion will make a difference in these products.

Regarding the three specific requests, here are our takes:
1. No internal DAC - you can do it with current products without a separate product.
2. PEQ is a software feature we'll add in late July.
3. USB out - the new products have this interface.

I am also surprised that few people mentioned the HDMI ARC/eARC, Dolby, etc. Will these be important to your use cases? Also, a screen for artist metadata? Thank you!
I have mentioned the screen many times, but independent from HDMI/ARC.
Very good having Dolby addition (y)

As for hdmi and ARC, i have a McIntosh MDA200 dac that has it, but I will never use it as I really don't see the point in having it. First, I have already given up on HT, and I don't want my TV turning on my system.
Second, I am already using the TV optical out to the dac for when I do want to play them together, so I don't need to decode Dolby digital which would need to go to a processor anyway.

Now if it could take the hdmi audio output from my Sony UBP-X1100ES bluray player, that would be great, but it does not.

In comment #415, WiiM said next month for the Pro Plus
we'll be fine

(after having vaguely talked about the data of the new DAC(?) part.. did not continue to tell us more... see pointing out effective measurements ana and num etc to explain their efforts on this "mk2")

photo for rca socket etc?
;-)

ps
I would really like to have stats on the number of people who have purchased wiim mini or pro using an external or internal dac and analog output
I'm not talking about the few dozen people agitating on dedicated forums like here or asr ....
you may have to sell the much more expensive version without DAC- analogoutput.
fewer customers more a niche
hihi

;-))))

Last edited:
If you look at the slightly higher end of the "streamer" market (and I am sure Wiim are looking at those products) - you see the following:
1. Better Internal DAC's
2. XLR inputs / outputs (IMO more for 'professional' audiophiles)
3. HDMI ARC (for audio input) - IMO for seamless "spouse" friendly audio experience in a main living space (i.e. living room with TV) this would be ideal input to compete with the soundbars. The whole 'switching' to optical / switching between multiple remotes to control things totally puts other members of a family off using 'good' audio products - HDMI arc solves this IMO much better than optical
4. Display - start small - but possible multiple 'tiers' of hgher end Wiim products, I see a few reasonable prices products with 'full' android experiences now - this is also a space with a higher end Wiim product would need to go. (By reasonable I am talking $600/$700 but I imagine in a year or 2 we will see similar at $500 or less.

Here are 2 examples:

and

But even a small OLED display with album art for say $200/$300 - unlike most companies Wiim have the App with the album available and the ability to 'push' that art work to their devices from a users mobile app.

I would really like to have stats on the number of people who have purchased wiim mini or pro using an external or internal dac
Nor indeed the number of people who use a relatively modest external DAC that WiiM will be targetting with the Pro Plus’ better DAC

If you look at the slightly higher end of the "streamer" market (and I am sure Wiim are looking at those products) - you see the following:
1. Better Internal DAC's
2. XLR inputs / outputs (IMO more for 'professional' audiophiles)
3. HDMI ARC (for audio input) - IMO for seamless "spouse" friendly audio experience in a main living space (i.e. living room with TV) this would be ideal input to compete with the soundbars. The whole 'switching' to optical / switching between multiple remotes to control things totally puts other members of a family off using 'good' audio products - HDMI arc solves this IMO much better than optical
4. Display - start small - but possible multiple 'tiers' of hgher end Wiim products, I see a few reasonable prices products with 'full' android experiences now - this is also a space with a higher end Wiim product would need to go. (By reasonable I am talking $600/$700 but I imagine in a year or 2 we will see similar at $500 or less.

Here are 2 examples:

and

But even a small OLED display with album art for say $200/$300 - unlike most companies Wiim have the App with the album available and the ability to 'push' that art work to their devices from a users mobile app.

,-))
wiim is not a mainstream branch of dcs merging linn etc ;-)
I originally understood it this way, a very mainstream oem producer linkplay who is playing his mark on the surprisingly empty niche of a new "" chromecast audio""..
on the strength of their success pushed on the enriched pro version..
push them to the top of the top .. but really cheap of course, seen through the rather ego-centered prism of some people is not necessarily advice that I would personally give them

but hey is just my feeling
;-)

their expertise will be or is already bought by players in the audio field
a small showcase the mini and pro
;-)

ps

for the anti analog output stages, vaderetrosatanas.. maybe it will just be possible to commutate or not this stage..
you used to see it on big dvd players etc.
a simple and well "" audiophile "" solution to dig can be at wiim
,-)

Last edited:
Hi Smartplug, Team

Thank you very much for all your feedback. WiiM Pro Plus is coming out next month. Thus, we can't take these suggestions due to our product release schedule.

We're seeking suggestions since we have two products in design that we can add or remove the interfaces or functionalities. Thus, your suggestion will make a difference in these products.

Regarding the three specific requests, here are our takes:
1. No internal DAC - you can do it with current products without a separate product.
2. PEQ is a software feature we'll add in late July.
3. USB out - the new products have this interface.

I am also surprised that few people mentioned the HDMI ARC/eARC, Dolby, etc. Will these be important to your use cases? Also, a screen for artist metadata? Thank you!
For a new/upgraded product, I think these features would be key:

User interface:
> Hardware on/off standby button (with corresponding status led, and 3.5mm/12V trigger output which follows unit power status)

> Hardware input select button, with visual feedback (led/s) on unit front panel

> Hardware volume control - ideally rotary control, or 2 buttons

Audio features:
> toslink spdif input which syncs off incoming spdif (to eliminate the constant glitching/muting/sibilance/distortion which still plagues the Wiim pro)

> internal DAC is OK but better to allow users to focus on their preferred quality external DAC and use the resources saved to improve functionality/usability/features as a streamer/spdif decoder. For this consider offering not only spdif/coax outputs but also I2C

> async USB input to decode high quality audio off laptop etc

For a new/upgraded product, I think these features would be key:

User interface:
> Hardware on/off standby button (with corresponding status led, and 3.5mm/12V trigger output which follows unit power status)

> Hardware input select button, with visual feedback (led/s) on unit front panel

> Hardware volume control - ideally rotary control, or 2 buttons

Audio features:
> toslink spdif input which syncs off incoming spdif (to eliminate the constant glitching/muting/sibilance/distortion which still plagues the Wiim pro)

> internal DAC is OK but better to allow users to focus on their preferred quality external DAC and use the resources saved to improve functionality/usability/features as a streamer/spdif decoder. For this consider offering not only spdif/coax outputs but also I2C

> async USB input to decode high quality audio off laptop etc
Price?

The usability (features/controls and how well it operates) of any product ultimately determines how well it will be received in the market, regardless of ultimate (or claimed) audio quality. I bought Wiim on paper spec alone, tried it for 3 months and pretty much gave up on it due to usability issues and frustrations.

Ditch the internal ADC/DAC and stick with $150 price. Or keep them and price up to $299, depending on ADC/DAC quality
I remember Topping M50. Aluminum monoblock body, display etc at the price of 230 €. Unfortunately I think it's dismissed. Weakness, not all the services WiiM have.
So for a WiiM similar to Topping M50 but with classical WiiM services i could arrive to 250/270 €.

Last edited:
Back