What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I found a app in the windows store called "PL remote" that can control the WIIM but just some preselected audio streams. You can add more if you have an URL. It can override the equalizer setting, but not the volume if you have it fixed. It managed to hang my pro. I had to reboot it. So I quickly uninstalled after giving it a 1 star rating.

A table sized “radio” like the old Squeezebox/Logitech models. Would be a nice replacement for my old dying SB ones. Having the buttons on it for presets makes a nice bedside setup.

..and not a single of the small Arylics is gapless. Not the 10 and not the 50. And the haptic and built quality is not so good than the WiiMs! It are toys!
I thought that after the last firmware update the Arylic streamers had become gapless.

My experience is around 3 months old. I got a S10 and a S50 from a Dutch friend, a Youtuber, to recheck just this issue. Must confess I only checked with Qobuz via BubbleUPNP. Sure not gapless! Could be they updated the firmware in between, but I heard nothing about. On their website they stated "gapless with last firmware update". Maybe a user here can check it and let us know because I sent the items back and have no longer access to it. If I was wrong I apologize.

An audio-quality focussed Streamer/DAC/Headphone amp that can act as a Pre-amp if needed. Basically, a one-box equivalent of a Wiim-pro, a Topping E70 Velvet and an SMSL SP200 headphone amp (brands and model numbers given as a reference for desired sound quality, nothing else). Must have balanced headphone connection and true balanced XLR outputs controlled by a analog-domain volume control.

the question for me is not whether wiim can easily make a simple mk2 version of his pro with more care about the audio card and being able to use just about any rca bnc plugs etc not to mention the long list like the arms of the reverse options of each other .. for less than 200 dollars of course
;-)

but take up the challenge of a "cleaner" wiim mini mk2 in its ana and jitter in num outputs, take care of the power supply part..(and chromecast like pro?)
and it has such a tight price...
it's a nice challenge... for the greatest number
;-)

Last edited:
Something like a Chromecast.

They've shown they can make something great for audio. What about video next.

An AV Receiver with the Wiim Pro built-in would be sweet. No need for two devices.

For me it would need to be 5.1 as a minimum though..

An AV Receiver with the Wiim Pro built-in would be sweet. No need for two devices.

For me it would need to be 5.1 as a minimum though..
AV Receiver can stream Music and has an inbuilt DAC, what else to be expected by having an AV receiver with WiiM PRO built-in ?

AV Receiver can stream Music and has an inbuilt DAC, what else to be expected by having an AV receiver with WiiM PRO built-in ?
You can cast bit perfect to a Wiim pro from the amazon music app, for one thing - not aware of any avr or other non echo device that can do that.

A pure streamer with a shielded very good clock, without DAC and Screen. USB + i2S as outputs and toslink as input fromTV(by pass)

An audio-quality focussed Streamer/DAC/Headphone amp that can act as a Pre-amp if needed. Basically, a one-box equivalent of a Wiim-pro, a Topping E70 Velvet and an SMSL SP200 headphone amp (brands and model numbers given as a reference for desired sound quality, nothing else). Must have balanced headphone connection and true balanced XLR outputs controlled by a analog-domain volume control.

I already suggested an SMSL/Topping collaboration above

But in reality it just needs SMSL/Topping to put a LinkPlay module inside their DAC.

i.e. better to send emails to Topping/SMSL asking for this LinkPlay streaming "input" in future

Linkplay is recognized as a US company and I think it is better not to join hands with "T" or "S".

Back