What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

Wiim, can we please get an insight information on what connections it has?

WiiM is a device that connects to a network. Therefore, their partners are preferred by companies that are reliable for consumers.

Also, I think Linkplay is still immature as an audio manufacturer. For example, the WiiM Pro's coaxial terminal received a lot of criticism.

In the same way, T and S are immature. The sound quality (or measure) is may be good, but the quality and functionality of the product are not enough.

I think what Linkplay needs now is to learn from companies with deep knowledge of audio and create a highly complete audio product.

I'm sorry, my English skills are immature, so I don't know if you can answer your questions.

🙂

WiiM is a device that connects to a network. Therefore, their partners are preferred by companies that are reliable for consumers.

Also, I think Linkplay is still immature as an audio manufacturer. For example, the WiiM Pro's coaxial terminal received a lot of criticism.

In the same way, T and S are immature. The sound quality (or measure) is may be good, but the quality and functionality of the product are not enough.

I think what Linkplay needs now is to learn from companies with deep knowledge of audio and create a highly complete audio product.

I'm sorry, my English skills are immature, so I don't know if you can answer your questions.

🙂
Hi Wiimer,

Thank you very much for your comments.

Regarding the coaxial issue, please kindly help elaborate more so I can follow up with our product team.

With the upcoming WiiM Pro+, we plan to address the audio quality complaints for the analog audio output and input. I hope we learn it fast enough. Please stay tuned!

Hi Wiimer,

Regarding the coaxial issue, please kindly help elaborate more so I can follow up with our product team.

With the upcoming WiiM Pro+, we plan to address the audio quality complaints for the analog audio output and input. I hope we learn it fast enough. Please stay tuned!
I believe the coax issue related to the limited space around the recess.
As for Pro+ ... you do know that Pro Plus is a brand of caffeine tablets? Maybe the Pro+ will be so good you'll want to stay up all night to keep on listening.

The name of the incoming product wiim pro+. I wish wiim would provide 2 wiim pro+ with dac and without. Majority of the people buying streamer would use their dac of their choice.

Hi Wiimer,

Hello wiim, does this streamer has usb, sub out with bass management and room correction? Thanks!

The name of the incoming product wiim pro+. I wish wiim would provide 2 wiim pro+ with dac and without. Majority of the people buying streamer would use their dac of their choice.
Maybe, but consider their main slogan (I'm assuming it's the main one, as it's top of their website!"
"Turn any audio gear smart"

Edit - or maybe that's product specific?

Hi Wiimer,

Thank you so much.

As for coaxial, Mr Ee is right. I talked about the terminals embedded in the panel. Audio manufacturers usually don't make these mistakes.

But I'm not blaming you, I'm hoping for you. I think your team will be able to make better products in the future.

I enjoy imagining the long-term future of Linkplay and WiiM. I am interested in what the company will be like in 10 years.🙂

Thank you so much.

As for coaxial, Mr Ee is right. I talked about the terminals embedded in the panel. Audio manufacturers usually don't make these mistakes.

But I'm not blaming you, I'm hoping for you. I think your team will be able to make better products in the future.

I enjoy imagining the long-term future of Linkplay and WiiM. I am interested in what the company will be like in 10 years.🙂
Hi Wiimer,

Thank you very much for explaining the recessed coaxial and RCA ports.

Funny enough, we got the idea when looking at Sonos Port. It does look better when you connect with your cable since the connection will be hidden. The problem is you can't fit in when you have the cable with a really fat jack. I knew some audiophiles had these kinds of cables that caused problems to them. We'll fix this in our future products. Thank you!

Hello wiim, does this streamer has usb, sub out with bass management and room correction? Thanks!
No, they’ve already said it’s got a better DAC and will have improved digital to analogue conversion. Nothing more. For your particular feature combination, you’ll need to wait a few models further down the line I’d expect, particularly for room correction.

Last edited:
the product being supposed to be accomplished... planned for "q3" ...

it would be nice if the wiim team said enough to cut short all these "Christmas shopping list" messages...
it becomes "heavy"...

My favorite solution would be something like a professional construction kit. Not so amateurish things like Raspberry or so. Modules that can be updated or upgraded. Like my more than 20 year old Majik. Sold, but in very best memory.

No, they’ve already said it’s got better DAC and will have improved digital to analogue conversion. Nothing more. For your particular feature combination, you’ll need to wait a few models further down the line I’d expect, particularly for room correction.
Just improve internal dac and no additional connections? I’m not replacing my pro.

It is a wishlist. Like kids do it for christmas.
More often I think everyone will have a hand-tailored solution for his very own preferences. Sure you do not forget the pricetag?
The market already has an answer for every single question. (Making the Amazon Music HD integration a must? Get Qobuz instead!)
The answers are in some parts extremely more expensive? Welcome in real life!

Just improve internal dac and no additional connections? I’m not replacing my pro.
Fine. Maybe the next model will have more of what you want :)

It looks like WiiM are taking an incremental approach to hardware development similar to their firmware/feature updates - fixing areas where the device can do better. If you read the comprehensive review of the Pro in ASR, its analogue side came in for criticism and its DAC being the same as the Mini‘s has been viewed by some as lacklustre. So in the next version of the Pro, WiiM are attempting to address these issues with a device that has a better DAC that may well obviate the need for a number of users to go purchase a separate DAC and further allow WiiM to compete with integrated devices costing considerably more.

You also need to consider that this will be WiiM’s third device in almost eighteen months - i struggle to think of another manufacturer who has brought three generations of a device to market in such a short period of time.

You also need to consider that this will be WiiM’s third device in almost eighteen months - i struggle to think of another manufacturer who has brought three generations of a device to market in such a short period of time.
I don't agree..
on the contrary it is very well known practice among our Chinese dac manufacturers .. topping smsl etc.
;-)))

Fine. Maybe the next model will have more of what you want :)

It looks like WiiM are taking an incremental approach to hardware development similar to their firmware/feature updates - fixing areas where the device can do better. If you read the comprehensive review of the Pro in ASR, its analogue side came in for criticism and its DAC being the same as the Mini‘s has been viewed by some as lacklustre. So in the next version of the Pro, WiiM are attempting to address these issues with a device that has a better DAC that may well obviate the need for a number of users to go purchase a separate DAC and further allow WiiM to compete with integrated devices costing considerably more.

You have a point but for those of us want to upgrade knowing it’s just internal dac improvement only most of us will stay on current pro except for new buyer or upgrading from mini. Many users who commented what features they would be disappointed. Pro with improved internal dac only.

You have a point but for those of us want to upgrade knowing it’s just internal dac improvement only most of us will stay on current pro except for new buyer or upgrading from mini. Many users who commented what features they would be disappointed. Pro with improved internal dac only.
Perhaps. But I’m sure you’ll recall some people clamouring for the Pro to have a new DAC better than the one in the Mini but still bought the Pro, admittedly maybe for its other features.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some think the next version of the Pro was perhaps what the first version should have been but we don’t have the background knowledge of its development and approval cycle nor of its component availability.

We can but hope WiiM is taking note of the other features users are asking for and will incorporate those into future models, but I see that extending over years not months.

Back