What was your first hi fi equipment?

My Rotel was Silver, although I can’t remember whether they did a Black version. 🤔🙂
In this case my wife is absolutely right, the silver does not fit in our living room. At this very moment I have the three Cambridge streamers here for checking with the silver front. It does not look good.

Hmm, it is ticked but it seems signatures don't show up in the mobile version of the forum.
I can confirm that signatures don’t show up when I view the forum website in portrait mode, but they do show up when viewed in landscape mode on my phone.

See if that works for you. 🤔🙂

I can confirm that signatures don’t show up when I view the forum website in portrait mode, but they do show up when viewed in landscape mode on my phone.

See if that works for you. 🤔🙂
Very, very strange. In landscape AND in portrait mode on both my iPad and my Samsung phone the signature are visible.
This is from iPad:

IMG_4703.jpeg

Very, very strange. In landscape AND in portrait mode on both my iPad and my Samsung phone the signature are visible.
My iPad shows signatures in both modes, and so does my iPhone, but only if I reduce the text size to 85%, which is too small to read.

My iPad shows signatures in both modes, and so does my iPhone, but only if I reduce the text size to 85%, which is too small to read.
And I can confirm for my Samsung phone that the signatures in portrait mode are visible, but so small that it is impossible to read. On my phone too I never changed any text size. To be honest, on the road with my phone I simply do not look on the WiiM site.

This is what the off topic /music sections should be about!

Aware this is not hifi but I like to bring the 90s vibe. Had something like this as a kid: a 5cd Panasonic/casette/radio tuner. One each for me and my brothers. Saved up on birthday/Christmas money etc..

1000011530.jpg

Few years later I managed to get what I remember as some old/retro Pioneer bookshelf speakers and some Yamaha amp + receiver (don't ask me for models and unfortunately my parents got rid of it after I moved out). Had that as near field setup on my study desk connected to my pc (iTunes) blasting metal from 1 meter away... I carried that setup from home to student home most weekends..

When moving out we opted for a Sonos One stereo pair which actually is still serving us well enough. The kids are at the stage where they can launch their music by asking "Hey Google" but don't have a screen at hand. Still perfect for family usage but want more for critical listening...

Maybe something with a WiiM if they can get decent Plexamp endpoint ;) Although with a fresh puppy in the house it might not make sense yet to introduce new speakers and an extra set of cables... Probably will expand first into headphone territory..

Back