Wi-Fi signal strength: Weak. Please keep it close to the router.

r5yk5

Hi
Is there an option somewhere to stop this message appearing every time I open the Wiim Home App. I know one of my devices has a weak signal strength and is too far from the router. But it's not moving and neither is the router. It works just fine.
Many thanks

I know one of my devices has a weak signal strength and is too far from the router. But it's not moving and neither is the router. It works just fine.

Same here. I use the ethernet connection for my Pro, but the Mini seems perfectly happy on Wi-Fi, despite the warning.

Hi
Is there an option somewhere to stop this message appearing every time I open the Wiim Home App. I know one of my devices has a weak signal strength and is too far from the router. But it's not moving and neither is the router. It works just fine.
Many thanks
For a larger dwelling, mesh wifi is usually a good option. That way the WiiM devices will get a strong received signal strength indication [1] since there's usually a mesh device close enough or you just buy another mesh wifi puck for the next area. The WiiM device is just going off a currently low RSSI value and giving you a warning.

[1] https://www.metageek.com/training/resources/understanding-rssi/

For a larger dwelling, mesh wifi is usually a good option. That way the WiiM devices will get a strong received signal strength indication [1] since there's usually a mesh device close enough or you just buy another mesh wifi puck for the next area. The WiiM device is just going off a currently low RSSI value and giving you a warning.

[1] https://www.metageek.com/training/resources/understanding-rssi/

Why bother with the expense, when the OP has stated that his WiiM Mini is functioning perfectly? :unsure:

He's looking for a solution to the message, not to his wi-fi coverage.

Hi
Many thanks
Same here.

Hi
Many thanks
As far as I know, there is no option to prevent that message from appearing. (I have never seen that message, though.)

Please submit a feature request through the feedback section of the WiiM home app.

But as long as your WiiM device is receiving Wi-Fi at a steady speed, I don't think you will get that message. A slight change in the location of the device may help. Also, placing the router as high as possible may be a solution.

Hi
Many thanks
Running into this phenomenon this week 1st time (5 mos of Pro Plus), appears to signal not Wiim issue but some sort/s of signal/router "undigested but of beef," which of course may or more likely may not have to with Wiim. We have att isdn+ or whatever it's called over copper, so w att we're always guessing what's going on till we call for a tech. But generally no diff with for instance flac radios.

Running into this phenomenon this week 1st time (5 mos of Pro Plus), appears to signal not Wiim issue but some sort/s of signal/router "undigested but of beef," which of course may or more likely may not have to with Wiim. We have att isdn+ or whatever it's called over copper, so w att we're always guessing what's going on till we call for a tech. But generally no diff with for instance flac radios.
I'm backpedalling after reading more posts than I expected in this thread. I wonder whether, in some circumstances Wiim might be engaging with with WiFi input in a way that causes the (apparent) indigestion associated with this "weak signal" banner to pop up. Seems pretty likely it's not about the router or incoming signal except as they interact with the Wiim.

Back