WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.617255 Update - May 17, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Amp update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

What's New:

1. 10-band PEQ (Requires App version 2.9.7+): Customize your sound with the new Parametric Equalizer.
2. Enhanced DHCP Compatibility: Improved stability and reliability with various routers.
3. Refined Input Auto-Sensing: Enhanced behavior for seamless audio transitions; note that transitions will not occur while audio is playing.
4. Soundtrack SDK Enhancement: Upgraded for a better listening experience.
5. Enhanced Alarm Behavior: The alarm now no longer interrupts other playback and smoothly increases to the set volume.
6. Sub Output Latency: Adjust the subwoofer output delay for better sound synchronization in your audio system.

Bug Fixes:

1. TIDAL Connect Stability: Fixed crashes and bitrate display issues.
2. Optical-in Playback Correction: Addressed swapped audio channels in optical input.
3. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes for smoother operation.

Please review the WiiM Amp update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

What's New:

1. 10-band PEQ (Requires App version 2.9.7+): Customize your sound with the new Parametric Equalizer.
2. Enhanced DHCP Compatibility: Improved stability and reliability with various routers.
3. Refined Input Auto-Sensing: Enhanced behavior for seamless audio transitions; note that transitions will not occur while audio is playing.
4. Soundtrack SDK Enhancement: Upgraded for a better listening experience.
5. Enhanced Alarm Behavior: The alarm now no longer interrupts other playback and smoothly increases to the set volume.
6. Sub Output Latency: Adjust the subwoofer output delay for better sound synchronization in your audio system.

Bug Fixes:

1. TIDAL Connect Stability: Fixed crashes and bitrate display issues.
2. Optical-in Playback Correction: Addressed swapped audio channels in optical input.
3. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes for smoother operation.
Will the beta firmware be updated to catch up or are we stuck with outdated firmware?

Just updated the firmware on my wiim amp. I didn't touch any settings on the EQ, but I can hear an improvement in the sound. more clarity, details and separation. not sure what they did on this latest update, but I like it.

Just updated the firmware on my wiim amp. I didn't touch any settings on the EQ, but I can hear an improvement in the sound. more clarity, details and separation. not sure what they did on this latest update, but I like it.
If a firmware update included all those benefits I am sure WiiM would have mentioned it in the release notes...

Back