WiiM Amp

Hi Team,

I'd like to shed some light on the functionalities of the USB and Line-In ports on the Wi
I'm eagerly waiting for the launch of the AMP! in the meantime I am planning to connect my external hard drive full of FLACS to the USB port on the back of the unit. I cannot see any information in the 6 published support docs as to what the format of the external HDD should be? I currently have an external HDD attached to my Apple MacBook Air. Format: MAC OS Extended (Journaled) if this helps. Will this work straight away/index my music(FLAC) files with the AMP when I connect my external HDD to it?

I'm eagerly waiting for the launch of the AMP! in the meantime I am planning to connect my external hard drive full of FLACS to the USB port on the back of the unit. I cannot see any information in the 6 published support docs as to what the format of the external HDD should be? I currently have an external HDD attached to my Apple MacBook Air. Format: MAC OS Extended (Journaled) if this helps. Will this work straight away/index my music(FLAC) files with the AMP when I connect my external HDD to it?
I’ve used both exFAT and NTFS, but I’m not a MAC user so can’t answer that directly. Best dropping a request to WiiM directly thru the feedback section in the WiiM Home app.

Okay my Amp has shipped. I would have really liked to see Pre Outs and a headphone jack. Which brings me to my question. I invested in a nice set of wired headphones for my old system. I need a way to turn these into Bluetooth. I can't seem to find a device that will receive Bluetooth from the amp that also has a headphone jack. And should it be Bluetooth 5.2?

Mine arrived this morning. 8 days between Amazon US and Australia. Hooked it up to ethernet, power and speakers and setup was no problem. I'm no audiophile and this is to drive outdoor speakers so can't comment on audio quality but so far seems like another quality Wiim product. Can finally get rid of my amp, wiim mini and DSP setup from the comms cupboard!

Last edited:
Okay my Amp has shipped. I would have really liked to see Pre Outs and a headphone jack. Which brings me to my question. I invested in a nice set of wired headphones for my old system. I need a way to turn these into Bluetooth. I can't seem to find a device that will receive Bluetooth from the amp that also has a headphone jack. And should it be Bluetooth 5.2?
This should do the task. It can receive Bluetooth signal with LDAC and other Codecs:

You might have some difficulty as the app doesn’t appear to have an audio output section for you to choose Bluetooth despite the manual saying there is…

This should do the task. It can receive Bluetooth signal with LDAC and other Codecs:

Also my favorite Qudelix 5K.

Have you managed to pair that with the Amp? I don’t see an audio output section in the Wiim app to use anything other than the speakers
I would expect options like this to appear soon and fill in the missing features between the Amp and other WiiMs.

I would expect options like this to appear soon and fill in the missing features between the Amp and other WiiMs.
I will try this out with my 1More Sonoflow when the Amp arrives. I hope WiiM did not cripple functionality from the WiiM Pro Plus.

You might have some difficulty as the app doesn’t appear to have an audio output section for you to choose Bluetooth despite the manual saying there is…
Order it, when I get it I will find out if it can make Polk legend sing as these speakers are 4 ohms and low sensitivity. It would have been great if the rca input can be switch as pre amp so I can connect my mono block amp.

"Sold out" before the first is delivered in Germany 😂
It will be a big success.

IMG_2097.jpeg

May be, but it also can be that the confirmed contingent they are waiting for is sold out already. Honi soit qui mal y pense...😉
Audiophonics shows "Incoming restock 28 December - 04 January" which was to be expected TBH given experience with previous models

Back