WiiM Amp

Wiim Amp was on sale a few days ago on Amazon, but now it is listed as unavailable and Crutchfield indicates they do not know when the amp will ship. I don't see it on sale anywhere right now. Any idea what happened?

Wiim Amp was on sale a few days ago on Amazon, but now it is listed as unavailable and Crutchfield indicates they do not know when the amp will ship. I don't see it on sale anywhere right now. Any idea what happened?
It's back now.

Does the Wiim amp (or any other Wiim for that matter) decode 5.1 audio? I dont see any wired audio out connections on it but it would be fantastic if it could decode 5.1 audio and send the back/surround channels wirelessly to another Wiim to drive the back speakers. It would be perfect for my 4.1 setup (with phanthom centre) and I suspect a lot of home cinema users are in the same boat.

Does the Wiim amp (or any other Wiim for that matter) decode 5.1 audio? I dont see any wired audio out connections on it but it would be fantastic if it could decode 5.1 audio and send the back/surround channels wirelessly to another Wiim to drive the back speakers. It would be perfect for my 4.1 setup (with phanthom centre) and I suspect a lot of home cinema users are in the same boat.
No. See the faq viz. “The HDMI ARC and optical input port on the WiiM Amp are tailored for stereo PCM audio. It does not support other TV audio formats like Dolby Digital, Dolby Atmos, or DTS.”

I'm still not sure how WiiM is supposed to be pronounced. The video above says WEEM, like Meme, while the Qobuz video with WiiM says WIM, like Win. @WiiM Team, which is correct?

WiiM like Win. The WiiM marketing guy pronounces it like that in one of the hi fi exhibition videos. And it’s meant to stand for WIreless Internet Music ;)

Edit: here’s WiiM’s marketing guy pronouncing it as WiiM like Win ;) while the other guy still perseveres with WeeM, as if it’s anything to do with Nintendo’s Wii…

Last edited:
No. See the faq viz. “The HDMI ARC and optical input port on the WiiM Amp are tailored for stereo PCM audio. It does not support other TV audio formats like Dolby Digital, Dolby Atmos, or DTS.”

when you set the sub to let say 80hz, anything above 80 will go to main speaker? Or the main get full range will also adding more bass at 80hz on sub?

when you set the sub to let say 80hz, anything above 80 will go to main speaker? Or the main get full range will also adding more bass at 80hz on sub?
I think that has already been answered both in Darko’s article and here in the forum by @onlyoneme - the lower frequencies go to the sub and /only/ the higher frequencies to the main speakers.

Last edited:
But... but... I can't put a red plug into a white socket...
Turn the device upside down - the oddity of that might serve to alleviate the strangeness of the red port. Please let us know if it explodes when you plug in. 😱

It says "Vorbestellen Lieferzeit 10-15 Tage" which means preorder with 10-15 days delivery time.
And even as it looks as a WiiM owned website it is indeed audiotrade (audiotra.de) a well known and best regarded distributor in Germany. For example the Pro-Ject stuff is with them. WiiM has indeed found a good distribution for Germany 👍

Back