WiiM Amp

Hi d6jg,

As of now, we don't face any limitations on indexing capacity, even for sizable personal music libraries. Our testing has successfully handled libraries with hundreds of thousands of tracks. The only theoretical constraints would be the size of the media database and the amount of time users are willing to wait for indexing to complete.
Will that indexing be persistent over power off/breaks? I’d hate to have to re index if the unit were inadvertently switched off. TBH, that’s why I think it’s a better idea to have a separate server like Minimserver or LMS…

Will that indexing be persistent over power off/breaks? I’d hate to have to re index if the unit were inadvertently switched off. TBH, that’s why I think it’s a better idea to have a separate server like Minimserver or LMS…
Hi Brantome,

The media index and database are saved in persistent storage such as the Amp's flash memory or on your USB disk if write permission is granted. Using a separate server is another option, although its capabilities will set the limits. Note that a separate server would require a standalone storage and processing unit. Thank you!

I don't understand at all why the wiim team won't write the complete wiim amp specifications here, why let us just guess.
Hi KU713,

As the product is still in its final stages of development and has not yet been officially released, we aim to provide the most accurate information to avoid any confusion. Rest assured, a summary of the specifications will be shared with our community soon. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Hi Brantome,

The media index and database are saved in persistent storage such as the Amp's flash memory or on your USB disk if write permission is granted. Using a separate server is another option, although its capabilities will set the limits. Note that a separate server would require a standalone storage and processing unit. Thank you!
Thanks, that’s reassuring :)

Hopefully when you implement smb sharing or similar for the mini/pro/plus, they’ll be able to take a similar approach - as you’ll be aware the question of accessing tracks on a separate storage unit comes up very frequently here and on the Facebook Fan page.

Serious subs like the Velodynes f.e. will give you all you need. Every new day I am wondering what people expect from such a toy..but I cross fingers WiiM will give it.
Hi pass filtered output on subs, to use with speakers power amp, are not so common. Even Velodynes doesn't give this function on all models.
Since is not a sophisticated circuit, a selectable HPF on speakers power out, will add easily more appeal to WiiM amp. Otherwise I'll must design and build one by myself...

According to this interview Wiim will release a more powerful version (110 W) after the 60 W version.
That’s in the context of the custom installation market though as far as I see, not consumer market like the units we’re used to.

Plus good to see it’s pronounced WiM with a short “i“ and not WeeM ;)

Last edited:
So does the amp have a screen showing input and volume display? Or is it just static with lights?

I watched this video with automatic translation, so I don't know if I understood the content correctly.

He seems to be saying that he uses a 110W amplifier in conjunction with a streamer. Does that mean a pre-main amp (or power amp) without a streaming function? 🤔

I watched this video with automatic translation, so I don't know if I understood the content correctly.

He seems to be saying that he uses a 110W amplifier in conjunction with a streamer. Does that mean a pre-main amp (or power amp) without a streaming function? 🤔
I think he’s just referring to a 110w WiiM Amp i.e. simply a 110w version of the WiiM amp we’ve been discussing for a while. And as I say above, I’ve only seen that discussed in the context of the Custom Installation market deal they mention in the video - there’s no indication it’ll become an end consumer offering. Maybe WiiM were specifically requested to do a 110w version for this deal alone?

I maybe able to use wiim amp by using speaker out to rca that will feed to the rca on external amp. I have the device and hopefully it won’t produce distortion.

It will also be demoed at the Paris Audio Video Show (that I will cover) this weekend.
Finally... The Amp wasn't there for demo at the PAVS 2023 (contrary to what has been announced)...:( I also talked with the French distributor and they said that they didn't receive any sample, nor that they have any precise date for launch.

Silver version is now also listed at @Audiophonics
View attachment 3027View attachment 3028
With availability planned for the end of November.
still long way to wait at end of November.

still long way to wait at end of November.
Not that long, since you don't seem to need it. ;)
There is device that convert speaker out to line level rca. I have one I purchase on crutchfield and still in the box.
It is nonsense, I regret. If you need to feed an external amp, you need a DAC or preamp, not another amp. It has to be a line out with suitable output impedance and voltage.
Will using pro plus as preamp will loose resolution as volume control?
Certainly way less than with the way you plan to use it !

Back