WiiM Amp

Hi Team,

I'd like to shed some light on the functionalities of the USB and Line-In ports on the WiiM Amp.

1. USB Port: This is designed for connecting USB storage devices. The WiiM Amp scans and indexes your music collection, acting as a constant home media server via DLNA. Note that it doesn't function as a USB audio output.

2. Line-In Port: This port is for linking up with your chosen audio source. It's not designed to act as a Line Out (or Pre-out) for connecting to another power amplifier.
Re 1. Do you have any capacity constraints for the indexing? Tested with how many files?

Users who read that information and purchase it only to be disappointed knowing rca can’t be used to connect external power amp. They may get lots of return.

Users who read that information and purchase it only to be disappointed knowing rca can’t be used to connect external power amp. They may get lots of return.
Well hopefully they read that here or WiiM (or someone else) gets them to correct it.

I enjoy the cute wordplay for this Wiim Amp that reminded me of the old Winamp mp3 player! ;)

I find wattage are like hp these days. What I'm interested are SNR, THD etc. The less oft specs that make the package. This looks similar to the NAD Class D amps. From the photos I didn't notice headphone out?

Do you know of other machines that offer this possibility of change ?
if exists must be really not common...

I never met him...:oops:

(what you see on small Chinese class d machines?)

Hi Team,

I'd like to shed some light on the functionalities of the USB and Line-In ports on the WiiM Amp.

1. USB Port: This is designed for connecting USB storage devices. The WiiM Amp scans and indexes your music collection, acting as a constant home media server via DLNA. Note that it doesn't function as a USB audio output.

2. Line-In Port: This port is for linking up with your chosen audio source. It's not designed to act as a Line Out (or Pre-out) for connecting to another power amplifier.
Thanks for clearing that up

I don't understand at all why the wiim team won't write the complete wiim amp specifications here, why let us just guess.

I don't understand at all why the wiim team won't write the complete wiim amp specifications here, why let us just guess.
I agree so everyone know if specific feature sets where met with the new unit before purchasing. Audiophonics states rca can be use as pre out which is important to me for external amp for these power hungry Polk legend.

I appreciate so much that the wiim team cooperated beautifully and transparently in the improvement of the wiim pro plus and thus gained the respect of the users, and maybe that also contributed to the high valuation of many interest servers and now they are doing such secrets with the wiim amp. Or it won't be so exceptional anymore product at a good price? The only thing we know is that it was already presented at an exhibition in London and 18-19.11. it is to be presented at the Fines audio show in Vienna, which will be held for the first time after Munich, where I am going with joy.

I appreciate so much that the wiim team cooperated beautifully and transparently in the improvement of the wiim pro plus and thus gained the respect of the users, and maybe that also contributed to the high valuation of many interest servers and now they are doing such secrets with the wiim amp. Or it won't be so exceptional anymore product at a good price? The only thing we know is that it was already presented at an exhibition in London and 18-19.11. it is to be presented at the Fines audio show in Vienna, which will be held for the first time after Munich, where I am going with joy.
I don’t know what stage of production or testing they are currently in, nor indeed if they have distributed any beta units to testers, so maybe they’re waiting to release further details once that’s complete. I’m sure they’ll release fuller and more accurate details as soon as they can.

Re 1. Do you have any capacity constraints for the indexing? Tested with how many files?
Hi d6jg,

As of now, we don't face any limitations on indexing capacity, even for sizable personal music libraries. Our testing has successfully handled libraries with hundreds of thousands of tracks. The only theoretical constraints would be the size of the media database and the amount of time users are willing to wait for indexing to complete.

Hi d6jg,

As of now, we don't face any limitations on indexing capacity, even for sizable personal music libraries. Our testing has successfully handled libraries with hundreds of thousands of tracks. The only theoretical constraints would be the size of the media database and the amount of time users are willing to wait for indexing to complete.
Can you give us the full spec of this item while we wait for its release? Thanks!

It is known if the sub out settings include variable low pass and high pass filters?

Serious subs like the Velodynes f.e. will give you all you need. Every new day I am wondering what people expect from such a toy..but I cross fingers WiiM will give it.

Serious subs like the Velodynes f.e. will give you all you need. Every new day I am wondering what people expect from such a toy..but I cross fingers WiiM will give it.
It will have some settings (hopefully variable) anyway, I'm just curious to see what they are.

Back