Wiim app eq settings

hampisch

Hello!
Would like a simple improvement, where you can simply click on the frequency and enter its value.

Very difficult many times to use your finger to drag the slider. It is incredibly sensitive.
Fun when you want to quickly try different settings.
But the ability to easily click on the frequency to enter its value would have been very helpful.

Hello!
Would like a simple improvement, where you can simply click on the frequency and enter its value.

Very difficult many times to use your finger to drag the slider. It is incredibly sensitive.
Fun when you want to quickly try different settings.
But the ability to easily click on the frequency to enter its value would have been very helpful.
You can tap "Freq", "Gain" or "q" below the PEQ graph to enter the values directly. 😉

Quite right, but I feel that I miss that function on the regular graphic eq tab as well. It seems easy to fix, it will be great 👍😊

Admittedly, it's hard to control the GEQ's gain on the small screen of phone. 😊

It would also be a solution to slightly larger fields, or to put 2 rows (2x5) and + and - "buttons" at the bottom and top, which can be used to step 0.1 dB. By the way, I would like to see 20 Hz and 10-12 kHz fields at GeQ. But at least 35 instead of 30, there should also be an intermediate between 8k and 16k.

It would also be a solution to slightly larger fields, or to put 2 rows (2x5) and + and - "buttons" at the bottom and top, which can be used to step 0.1 dB.
Yes, it is. 🙂

By the way, I would like to see 20 Hz and 10-12 kHz fields at GeQ. But at least 35 instead of 30, there should also be an intermediate between 8k and 16k.

In that case, at least a 20-band GEQ may be needed.😁

To minic a profession GEQ outboard equipment such as DBX-1215, 15-band GEQ per channel (left / right separate) with input gain would be ideal.

Any requested number of GEQ bands would be purely arbitrary. There's no "standard" of right or wrong, whatsoever. Any number > 2 is better than bass and treble controls. ;)

@Turho76, you might not have noticed that each of the current 10 band GEQ frequencies is exactly one octave from the next. That makes some sense from a musical point of view. GEQ is intended to tailor the sound to your needs, not to address any specific "defects or effects" of the room or the speaker. That's what PEQ is much better at.

Personally, I would not want 10 band GEQ with any different frequency distribution and I surely don't need 20 band or 15 band GEQ.

Any requested number of GEQ bands would be purely arbitrary. There's no "standard" of right or wrong, whatsoever. Any number > 2 is better than bass and treble controls. ;)

@Turho76, you might not have noticed that each of the current 10 band GEQ frequencies is exactly one octave from the next. That makes some sense from a musical point of view. GEQ is intended to tailor the sound to your needs, not to address any specific "defects or effects" of the room or the speaker. That's what PEQ is much better at.

Personally, I would not want 10 band GEQ with any different frequency distribution and I surely don't need 20 band or 15 band GEQ.
But wouldn't you be angry if, in addition to peq and 10 Band EQ, there was also a 20 Band EQ menu item? :)

I know the octave principle, but too many steps. I used to be a sound technician in a TV studio for 8 years...

But wouldn't you be angry if, in addition to peq and 10 Band EQ, there was also a 20 Band EQ menu item? :)

I know the octave principle, but too many steps. I used to be a sound technician in a TV studio for 8 years...
I wouldn't be angry. But if I could choose between 20 band GEQ and 10 band per channel PEQ, I know what I would pick. ;)

Hint: Nothing with "Graphic" in its name. ;)

I wouldn't be angry. But if I could choose between 20 band GEQ and 10 band per channel PEQ, I know what I would pick. ;)

Hint: Nothing with "Graphic" in its name. ;)
Speaking of which, PEQ works quite interestingly for me. I set some parameters on all 10 tracks, including 1-2 more powerful modifications. Still, it seemed that the final result obtained only partially covered the reality. Is the PEQ part completely flawless? The GEQ modifications made a more definite difference, but I reduced the 10 bands there.

Speaking of which, PEQ works quite interestingly for me. I set some parameters on all 10 tracks, including 1-2 more powerful modifications. Still, it seemed that the final result obtained only partially covered the reality. Is the PEQ part completely flawless? The GEQ modifications made a more definite difference, but I reduced the 10 bands there.
No known bugs regarding the correctness of PEQ itself.
(Edit: Confirmed by my acoustical measurements.)

At times it can be a little confusing if the selected EQ has actually been applied to the selected input or not. Best to save the setting by name and then make sure in device settings that the desired name is shown in the EQ line.

Last edited:
Back