WiiM could surely do this but way better…

HDMI out? What for? Or did you mean to say HDMI in?
No- there are USB and S/PDIF outputs and I'm saying that you could add an HDMI output to connect to, for example, an AVR.

What purpose would an HDMI output serve that isn’t served by S/PDIF out?

well, for one you could do I2S over HDMI. but i think the OP wants to just use it with a classic AVR...
I2S and HDMI are different connections. You could not “do I2S over HDMI”. You could have I2S out shaped like an HDMI connector.

And for use with a classic AVR S/PDIF is sufficient, because the classic AVR has a connector for that in 99,9% of the cases.

Ah! To control the AVR volume with the streaming app. That’s a good feature.

I wonder: Does a streamer with HDMI out currently exist? Do you know of one?
I don't know of any, no. I also like the idea of being able to use transport controls on my AVR remote.

I2S and HDMI are different connections. You could not “do I2S over HDMI”. You could have I2S out shaped like an HDMI connector.

And for use with a classic AVR S/PDIF is sufficient, because the classic AVR has a connector for that in 99,9% of the cases.
Yes true, it wouldn't be an actual HDMI port. Just a comonly used connector type for I2S... maybe there's a case for one though? Many people were suggesting it for the ultra...

+ yeh toslink should work well in this case

Last edited:
Back