Wiim Pro Plus headphone

thank you but the point is here. How listen to my Beyerdynamic D770 80 Ohm?

I would prefer without DAC. An headphone amp to the RCA output of WiiM Pro Plus?

If you haven’t already purchased the WiiM Pro Plus, it might be worthwhile waiting for the WiiM Ultra which does have a headphone amp/socket inbuilt.

Had this a while ago with my then Pro (which had most likely not such a good DAC as the Plus). Coax from Pro to FiiO. FiiO DAC in charge. Headphone section of the FiiO was in all aspects good enough for all my headphones. RCA out from FiiO passed the signal to my amp.

Not to forget. If you do not want another DAC than the internal from the WiiM you have to pass through via RCA in to RCA out from the FiiO. If a headphone is connected it will only work as headphone amp. If not the signal is bypassed to your amp.
But if the DAC isn't needed quite sure there are cheaper solutions. Can not give a recommendation, never owned or listened too such a device.

This is my headphone listening setup:
WiiM Mini optical out to an Avantree Oasis providing Bluetooth (SBC, Aptx, Aptx LL & Aptx HD). The optical signal passes through the Avantree to a Fiio K11 which offers 4.4 mm balanced & 6.35mm (1/4 inch) single ended headphone outputs.
The Fiio K11 has a decent feature set including USB C In, Optical In, Coaxial In & RCA Line Out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240524_071639_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_071639_Drive.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 4
Before purchasing the Fiio K11 I was considering the Fosi Audio SK02.

Before purchasing the Fiio K11 I was considering the Fosi Audio SK02.

Great, but it hasn't analogical input

Great, but it hasn't analogical input
True, and I didn't mean to suggest otherwise.
Personally I think you are doing yourself a disservice by not considering a dac/amp.
If analog only is your preference, the Fosi Audio SK01 might be more to your liking.

There are a lot of affordable choices out there from brands like Aiyima, Douk Audio, Fosi Audio, Schiit Audio, etc. Do your own research, YouTube is full of reviews and recommendations.

Last edited:
Back