WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
Anyone has it shipped already for international order?
No, though I did notice the delivery estimate as shown on the website is now a fixed date (before, it was changing all the time and always a time window rather than a set date): December 27th in my case. I guess they wouldn't put this on the website of they can't live up to that. So my guess is the airplane that is set to transport my order is planned to fly some time soon. Also I contacted amazon and they said (on Saturday):

"I have checked and found that your order has already entered into advanced shipping process and it will be deliver to you on or before the estimated delivery date that has been assigned to your order.

Please know that Our delivery estimates are based on item availability, the quantity ordered, and selected delivery speed.

If an item isn't readily available, shipping selections may reduce shipping transit time, but won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment."

No, though I did notice the delivery estimate as shown on the website is now a fixed date (before, it was changing all the time and always a time window rather than a set date): December 27th in my case. I guess they wouldn't put this on the website of they can't live up to that. So my guess is the airplane that is set to transport my order is planned to fly some time soon. Also I contacted amazon and they said (on Saturday):

"I have checked and found that your order has already entered into advanced shipping process and it will be deliver to you on or before the estimated delivery date that has been assigned to your order.

Please know that Our delivery estimates are based on item availability, the quantity ordered, and selected delivery speed.

If an item isn't readily available, shipping selections may reduce shipping transit time, but won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment."
I didn't even get a fixed date yet. Waiting for 2 weeks already with priority shipping selected.

I didn't even get a fixed date yet. Waiting for 2 weeks already with priority shipment selected.
To be clear: there is no fixed date yet in my order overview, but if you go to the webshop of amazon there is a fixed date if you would order a Pro now to my adress. So I would assume my order will be delivered on that day. Would be weird of new orders would be delivered faster than orders from almost two weeks ago

To be clear: there is no fixed date yet in my order overview, but if you go to the webshop of amazon there is a fixed date if you would order a Pro now to my adress. So I would assume my order will be delivered on that day. Would be weird of new orders would be delivered faster than orders from almost two weeks ago
I see now, I misunderstood you. Yes, I can see fixed date for new orders to my destination as well, though my order still has only estimated date range.

I see now, I misunderstood you. Yes, I can see fixed date for new orders to my destination as well, though my order still has only estimated date range.
Yeah same for me. Hopefully they'll ship it soon and it'll be here by the end of the year 🤞

Yeah same for me. Hopefully they'll ship it soon and it'll be here by the end of the year 🤞
My delivery dates range has been delayed by 2 days because Revolut card operator had declined Amazon's payment as it had been treated as suspicious operation... And Amazon's support cannot retry the payment, I have to wait for another 48 hours. Incredible.

Well I finally received the unit but I can't quite get coax to work. Tried a digital coax cable I was using with my DDC as well as 2 RCA interconnects. Went through all the bit depths and sample rates in the settings. All fail to give me any signal. Optical is working fine though. Might have to dig up my old DAC to see if coax will work with that unit.

Opened a ticket with WiiM so we'll see what happens.

EDIT: Think I figured it out. I think it was on my DAC side.

Last edited:
My delivery dates range has been delayed by 2 days because Revolut card operator had declined Amazon's payment as it had been treated as suspicious operation... And Amazon's support cannot retry the payment, I have to wait for another 48 hours. Incredible.
I just received a confirmation that my order has been shipped.

I hope u've got the same message?

Received my WiiM Pro and here are some early observations, my routers is too far away from WiiM Pro to use wired connection so using wifi and so far no issues with losing signal. Consider routers in basement and using on 2nd-floor bedroom and the distance is least 60 feet from router the range is excellent on wifi.

Well using Tidal connect been using the MQA core decoder beta in settings and the 24/96 output overall sounds good. I would suggest checking the output under coax since it set at a lower output from the factory.

Played around with the WiiM app it‘s kinda basic but allows the use of there equalizer. I wonder though if I’m using the WiiM dac or my external dac well using EQ, I haven’t found a setting that turns off the internal dac so need to play around with it more. Might be whenever it’s using the coax or optical it outputs bit perfect? Or maybe it’s only bit perfect with tidal connect? Hopefully will have time later this evening to play around more with it.

Received my WiiM Pro and here are some early observations, my routers is too far away from WiiM Pro to use wired connection so using wifi and so far no issues with losing signal. Consider routers in basement and using on 2nd-floor bedroom and the distance is least 60 feet from router the range is excellent on wifi.

Well using Tidal connect been using the MQA core decoder beta in settings and the 24/96 output overall sounds good. I would suggest checking the output under coax since it set at a lower output from the factory.

Played around with the WiiM app it‘s kinda basic but allows the use of there equalizer. I wonder though if I’m using the WiiM dac or my external dac well using EQ, I haven’t found a setting that turns off the internal dac so need to play around with it more. Might be whenever it’s using the coax or optical it outputs bit perfect? Or maybe it’s only bit perfect with tidal connect? Hopefully will have time later this evening to play around more with it.
The internal DAC isn’t used when you use optical or coax output, and it’s only bit perfect with fixed volume and EQ off. And it’s bit perfect with whichever streaming service you use, not just Tidal Connect

and it’s only bit perfect with fixed volume and EQ off.

I did ask about this in the WiiM mini forum on ASR ... I'm guessing then it potentially lowers the quality / potentially the sound if you don't have it set to fixed volume?

I did ask about this in the WiiM mini forum on ASR ... I'm guessing then it potentially lowers the quality / potentially the sound if you don't have it set to fixed volume?
Should be pretty easy to run a test to demonstrate whether one gets bit-perfect play in either/both of these situations:
  • Equalization off, volume fixed
  • Equalization off, volume not fixed, set at 100%

WiiM Pro, Volume 100% (not fixed) in WiiM app. LMS->UPnP->WiFi->WiiM Pro->RME DAC. 24/192. Same as fixed, bit-perfect.

CF2ABB70-F0F1-44F8-AD37-74293C056726.jpeg

people have tested the "cast" with the native deezer application in "hifi"?
the pro is "seen"? maintains the "hifi "44k/16?" level?
thank you

WiiM Pro, Volume 100% (not fixed) in WiiM app. LMS->UPnP->WiFi->WiiM Pro->RME DAC. 24/192. Same as fixed, bit-perfect.

View attachment 148

It was interesting to observe the limits of this test...
did not detect the presence of strong drc at -1db dbfs to avoid digital clipping...

in the end, this clumsiness of wiim was practically more interesting concerning the validity, their limits, of this type of test..etc

(even before this story of drc installed in October because not knowing how to manage the saturations due to the eq mode, personally..,
i perceived a slight degradation in just "eq" mode...
but it is recognized in fact by wiim since the origin.)

anyway the mode "eq on" "flat" has no meaning .. just base to adjust the eq .....
therefore degraded and drc present

Last edited:
hi i got the wiim finally and want to use with lps power supply . any recommendations. i am using an topping p50 lps but its 5v1a only

wiim pro has 5v2a if i use the topping p 50 fr wiim pro any degradtion in sound quality as its 1a only. why cant wiim make better lps for their

products and sell . will be happy to buy

Hi, just set up my pro and it sounds wonderful. I have connected it to my McIntosh integrated amp using a coax. I don’t love the interface on for Amazon Music on the Wiim app. Will I get the same sound quality if I use the Amazon Music app with airplay?

Hi, just set up my pro and it sounds wonderful. I have connected it to my McIntosh integrated amp using a coax. I don’t love the interface on for Amazon Music on the Wiim app. Will I get the same sound quality if I use the Amazon Music app with airplay?
The WiiM has Alexacast support, so you can use the Amazon Music app without the degradation of AirPlay. Just be sure to set up Alexa in the WiiM app, then the WiiM will show as a target in the Amazon Music app.

Airplay - unlikely!
Seems like wiim need an (obvious) amazon setup guide!
Wiim app, browse menu, Music Services, Amazon Alexa - 'register' in there.
Device menu, settings (cog icon), Amazon Alexa Settings - enable uhd.
Then just cast to wiim from amazon music app.
I don't have a pro (yet), so don't know how you can tell the difference betwen casting via alexa vs chromecast.

Last edited:
Back