WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
It's here!

As noted, the order placed on 12/6 arrived just now. I've hooked it up and have begun listening.
Started playing a few songs and taken aback with the quality output from my system. Best ever.

"Midnight Blue" 2012 Remaster - Kenny Burrell's "Mule": completely taken aback. It's the third song played. A serious jump in performance via the Coaxial output and 24/192k setting. Stunning!

Sorting through and tying to figure out the best settings. Currently trying Chromecast after DLNA via the new Audirvana 2.2.2.

Oh and one last initial thought. Wiim is going to sell oodles of these!

My system: Custom monoblock 65 watt Allen Organ C3, RME ADI-2 FS, McIntosh LS340 speakers, Richard Gray 4 outlet power.
Wiim is running via Ethernet, through 2 fiber media converters via 5v LPS and powered by a LPS type battery to power the Wiim Pro.
More later after break-in. (Just kidding.)

Attachments

• IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
It's here!

As noted, the order placed on 12/6 arrived just now. I've hooked it up and have begun listening.
Started playing a few songs and taken aback with the quality output from my system. Best ever.

"Midnight Blue" 2012 Remaster - Kenny Burrell's "Mule": completely taken aback. It's the third song played. A serious jump in performance via the Coaxial output and 24/192k setting. Stunning!

Sorting through and tying to figure out the best settings. Currently trying Chromecast after DLNA via the new Audirvana 2.2.2.

My system: Custom monoblock 65 watt Allen Organ C3, RME ADI-2 FS, McIntosh LS340 speakers, Richard Gray 4 outlet power.
Wiim is running via Ethernet, through 2 fiber media converters via 5v LPS and powered by a LPS type battery to power the Wiim Pro.
Hi, thanks for your report.

1) I would like to know if you have Mini to compare Pro with.

2) I am happy to know that you use coax., as I intend to do so, too, when it is available in Japan, hopefully early next year. My priority purpose is to AirPlay2 YouTube sounds from Apple TV 4K to WiiM Pro, that is connected to a DAC by a coax. cable. (As you might know, YouTube sounds cannot be AirPlayed from Apple TV 4k more than 10 seconds, unless the receiver is AirPlay"2".) If you notice and tell something relating to this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, thanks for your report.

1) I would like to know if you have Mini to compare Pro with.

2) I am happy to know that you use coax., as I intend to do so, too, when it is available in Japan, hopefully early next year. My priority purpose is to AirPlay2 YouTube sounds from Apple TV 4K to WiiM Pro, that is connected to a DAC by a coax. cable. (As you might know, YouTube sounds cannot be AirPlayed from Apple TV 4k more than 10 seconds, unless the receiver is AirPlay"2".) If you notice and tell something relating to this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Hello AirPlants,

1) No, I have not had a Mini. My choice was to obtain the Wiim Pro to run via ethernet.

2) Yes, running coax and it's an old cable but the Wiim doesn't seem to care. It's kicking, hard. No longer have Apple Music so no AirPlay is on the roster here.

Now playing: Kevin Eubanks and Stanley Jordan, "Old School Jam" (192K) - superb!
Via Qobuz in Wiim App.

Last edited:
Hello AirPlants,

1) No, I have not had a Mini. My choice was to obtain the Wiim Pro to run via ethernet.

2) Yes, running coax and it's an old cable but the Wiim doesn't seem to care. It's kicking, hard. No longer have Apple Music so no AirPlay is on the rooster here.

Now playing: Kevin Eubanks and Stanley, "Old School Jam" (192K) - superb!
Via Qobuz in Wiim App.
Thanks for your quick reply. I forgot to tell, but I also use ethernet wherever possible to avoid Wi-Fi related electro-magnetic noises. So, I mentioned AirPlay, but it is actually "WirePlay." Anyway, thaks again, I can see you enjoying Pro.

Hello AirPlants,

2) Yes, running coax and it's an old cable but the Wiim doesn't seem to care. It's kicking, hard. No longer have Apple Music so no AirPlay is on the rooster here.

Now playing: Kevin Eubanks and Stanley, "Old School Jam" (192K) - superb!
Via Qobuz in Wiim App.
Sorry for one more question that I came up with.
If you tried several ways to supply 5V power to WiiM Pro, please let us know the sound differences.

Hi again AirPlants,

No worries, I knew someone was going to ask. I planned the Wiim Pro to run without direct a/c. All the equipment is on LPS power (and will remain) except the monoblock amps. For the Wiim Pro, it's going right to the USB power of this (which is plugged in):

Maybe at some point, I may try but it would undo the intent. Pure power.
Thanks for sharing link to USB power supply along with initial thoughts on the Pro. Been waiting for my shipping information and glad to see people are getting their units.

Do you find any sound benefits running off of DC power than AC power? Or is there other benefits than sound?

It's here!

Ordered mine same day but my estimated delivery isn't until mid-next week. 😭

Thanks for sharing link to USB power supply along with initial thoughts on the Pro. Been waiting for my shipping information and glad to see people are getting their units.

Do you find any sound benefits running off of DC power than AC power? Or is there other benefits than sound?

Hi Klipscher,

Some time back, I was skeptical about fiber as part of separate units with Sonore. The prices were high and didn't think it could deliver. Until some folks were discussing a scaled back approach using Fiber Media Converters out of routers and reported it was an inexpensive improvement on the Audiogon forum. I thought for under $100, why not? Surprise, it was a very significant improvement. Others said each of the two FMCs benefit with a linear power supply (LPS).

Impressed with the initial improvement, I tried one side and again a nice improvement. This theory works. Then I added the LPS to the other FMC and that was another positive. Now, I'm running my system off LPS except for the tube monoblocks. It's all a nice and inexpensive improvement as my system is very sensitive Even changing the smallest tube on the amp will produce a change, sometimes beneficial. Didn't purchase any high end audio LPS just what seemed to be good design with nice components. The Wiim Pro is connected to the most expensive unit of those I currently use and that's even under $100.

None of this really pales to the surprise I had tonight. The Wiim Pro is going to perform very well in most systems from midfi to the higher end IMHO. The competition is facing some strong headwinds. Congrats to the Wiim Team, a job well done.

Hi Klipscher,

Some time back, I was skeptical about fiber as part of separate units with Sonore. The prices were high and didn't think it could deliver. Until some folks were discussing a scaled back approach using Fiber Media Converters out of routers and reported it was an inexpensive improvement on the Audiogon forum. I thought for under $100, why not? Surprise, it was a very significant improvement. Others said each of the two FMCs benefit with a linear power supply (LPS).

Impressed with the initial improvement, I tried one side and again a nice improvement. This theory works. Then I added the LPS to the other FMC and that was another positive. Now, I'm running my system off LPS except for the tube monoblocks. It's all a nice and inexpensive improvement as my system is very sensitive Even changing the smallest tube on the amp will produce a change, sometimes beneficial. Didn't purchase any high end audio LPS just what seemed to be good design with nice components. The Wiim Pro is connected to the most expensive unit of those I currently use and that's even under $100.

None of this really pales to the surprise I had tonight. The Wiim Pro is going to perform very well in most systems from midfi to the higher end IMHO. The competition is facing some strong headwinds. Congrats to the Wiim Team, a job well done.
Thanks for the detailed response might need to pick up one these power supplies.

There’s nothing that currently compares to the features of the wiim pro in this price range, so agree with you that there going sell many of these units. There’s a bunch of us that have already ordered the pro over on Head-fi so btw here and there looking forward to seeing a bunch more positive reviews.

It's here!

Congratulations on the fast delivery.
What did you use before as an audio source?
Did I read it right, you are converting RJ45 to SFP for audio quality improvement?

Congratulations on the fast delivery.
What did you use before as an audio source?
Did I read it right, you are converting RJ45 to SFP for audio quality improvement?
Originally, the order placed early am on the 6th was set for arrival on the 20th.

Previously, I was using an old Mac Mini and running Audirvana. As stated earlier, I had added the inexpensive Fiber Media Converters with the fiber wire from a 5v LPS to both. So yes, this is a short ethernet cable running from a Motorola 7550 router (with the Broadcom chip) to the first FMC then the fiber to another FMC. The last step is a short ethernet to the Wiim Pro.

Prior, I had one of the top two flagship Sony SACD players. It had been modded twice and was great. But you can only play a library of SACD so often and not all pressings were equal in quality. So I had sold it years back. More recently, I was looking at a streamer solution to go to the RME ADI-2.

When I got the Wiim Pro, I just took the ethernet out of the mac mini and dropped it into the Wiim. At some point I will try a direct (but short) ethernet cable from the router to the Wiim Pro just to compare but only have a long one so that will wait.

Guess you can say I'm running a Wiim Pro on steroids, cheap as can be but it delivers. Big.

Last edited:
Hi again AirPlants,

No worries, I knew someone was going to ask. I planned the Wiim Pro to run without direct a/c. All the equipment is on LPS power (and will remain) except the monoblock amps. For the Wiim Pro, it's going right to the USB power of this (which is plugged in):

Maybe at some point, I may try but it would undo the intent. Pure power.

Using one of those .... aren't batteries meant to be charged / discharged ... repeat ... repeat ... won't leaving them permanently plugged in just kill the battery element of it very quickly?

Using one of those .... aren't batteries meant to be charged / discharged ... repeat ... repeat ... won't leaving them permanently plugged in just kill the battery element of it very quickly?
Hi Witterings, the theory has merit but the time it takes to shorten the batteries' life may not be significant. Unsure with this unit but funny just earlier, I had removed the power to run on the battery only. As anticipated with this battery device, no difference in the audio's quality of sound output. Expect I'll unplug it on occasion overnight when not in use. I've previously used its 12v power outlet for DAC and router. Now it's dedicated to the USB power out for the WiiM Pro.

Last edited:
Woohoo! Just received! Earlier than what Amazon indicated.

Hooked it up via Coax and playing now.

Have not been able to get Bluetooth to work yet.

Doing A/B comparisons of an album I know very well on my old souped up high end CD player vs Amazon HD.

Interesting that it sounds better than my CD using the same external DAC and resolution and both on coax SPDIF.

Positively impressed!

Waiting on a new “modern” DAC And I’ll compare and share results.

A+ Wiim Team! Great job.

Originally, the order placed early am on the 6th was set for arrival on the 20th.

Previously, I was using an old Mac Mini and running Audirvana. As stated earlier, I had added the inexpensive Fiber Media Converters with the fiber wire from a 5v LPS to both. So yes, this is a short ethernet cable running from a Motorola 7550 router (with the Broadcom chip) to the first FMC then the fiber to another FMC. The last step is a short ethernet to the Wiim Pro.

Prior, I had one of the top two flagship Sony SACD players. It had been modded twice and was great. But you can only play a library of SACD so often and not all pressings were equal in quality. So I had sold it years back. More recently, I was looking at a streamer solution to go to the RME ADI-2.

When I got the Wiim Pro, I just took the ethernet out of the mac mini and dropped it into the Wiim. At some point I will try a direct (but short) ethernet cable from the router to the Wiim Pro just to compare but only have a long one so that will wait.

Guess you can say I'm running a Wiim Pro on steroids, cheap as can be but it delivers. Big.
I've heard about "audiophile switches", "audiophile ethernet patch cords", but I must admit adding fiber in the middle of network transfer is something new for me. WiiM Pro must have very bad design if those ethernet conversions can affect audio quality...

Some additional observations:

-
I've heard about "audiophile switches", "audiophile ethernet patch cords", but I must admit adding fiber in the middle of network transfer is something new for me. WiiM Pro must have very bad design if those ethernet conversions can affect audio quality...
What is new to you doesn't equal the destination concluded. Sonore has been making products dedicated to this underlying technical approach for some time. Had been skeptical of the approach and value until I tried it and discovered even an inexpensive implementation was useful as noise travels on wires from component to component. It's not a WiiM "design" issue. 🤣

For those interested in learning a bit how fiber may be helpful installed in their system:

Some additional observations:

-

What is new to you doesn't equal the destination concluded. Sonore has been making products dedicated to this underlying technical approach for some time. Had been skeptical of the approach and value until I tried it and discovered even an inexpensive implementation was useful as noise travels on wires from component to component. It's not a WiiM "design" issue. 🤣

For those interested in learning a bit how fiber may be helpful installed in their system:
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to take seriously anything about "Internal Quantum Signal Enhancer" or "audiophile Ethernet switch".

It would be definitely WiiM design issue if "noise" delivered over ethernet from switch or router could affect audio quality transmitted to DAC digitally.

Back