Wiim Transport

epox112000

Just wondering any chances that Wiim will have a transport. Just take out the build in dac and invest into high quality component just for streamer.

Last edited:
I doubt it personally. WiiM philosophy differs and "hi end" niche for those who can hear single electron movements is occupied by brands with their own philosophy.

What the f... has the question for such a device from WiiM has to do with "High End"??

What the f... has the question for such a device from WiiM has to do with "High End"??
I think not to use “hi end” but a better components for just streamer. Some post using raspberry pi with good clock and oscillator. Not sure is it true that it is good.

I doubt it personally. WiiM philosophy differs and "hi end" niche for those who can hear single electron movements is occupied by brands with their own philosophy.
I did try on A6 and Wiim pro as a transport with same external DAC, A6 do sound better but not night and day difference.

I did try on A6 and Wiim pro as a transport with same external DAC, A6 do sound better but not night and day difference.
In a proper blind test?
Anyway, transports are not equal and used components can make the difference, but there is also a dac at the end which can handle the incoming signal to make differences inaudible.

In a proper blind test?
Anyway, transports are not equal and used components can make the difference, but there is also a dac at the end which can handle the incoming signal to make differences inaudible.
yup...it is a blind test. It sound brighter and slight improve in resolution. I do not believe there is difference in the first place but it surprise me after the test.

Last edited:
I think not to use “hi end” but a better components for just streamer. Some post using raspberry pi with good clock and oscillator. Not sure is it true that it is good.
My post was not related to you. I think also having a pure transport with ethernet, Wiim's streaming abilities and all the necessary digital outputs will find a market. And, my private recommendation, don't get trapped in forced discussions where the result is already written 😉

yup...it is a blind test. It sound darker and slight improve in resolution. I do not believe there is difference in the first place but it surprise me after the test.
So you've made sure that no unwanted signal processing is active for both streamers, you've used the same digital connection interface and you were able to say correctly which streamer played in the blind test, right?

yup...it is a blind test. It sound darker and slight improve in resolution. I do not believe there is difference in the first place but it surprise me after the test.

I’m still waiting for ‘darker’.

Meanwhile, how was this blind test conducted?

So you've made sure that no unwanted signal processing is active for both streamers, you've used the same digital connection interface and you were able to say correctly which streamer played in the blind test, right?
I use LAN on both device and all cable remain the same. Coax out to DAC. I get someone to help on this test where I will not know which device being use.

Back