Wiim ultra drop sub. Adam audio t10s + Adam audio a7v

stoxon

Hi,
Today I connected active sub and speakers to my wiim ultra.
Speakers Adam audio A7v to subwoofer via xlr , t10s (subwoofer) to wiim ultra via Line out.
Unfortunately it drops sub down. I have to set vol higher to activate sub again.
Can I do anything to fix this?
Thanks

I use active subwoofer and active studio monitors. If I were you, I would try either USB audio interface or audio mixer and connect them with the same connection type (i.e. mixer (RCA out) => sub (RCA in / XLR out) => monitor (XLR in). If that works fine at low volume / gain, I would check if line out of WiiM Ultra are set at reasonably high voltage (e.g. 2V). If that does not work, I would return the unit and get a replacement.

Hi,
Today I connected active sub and speakers to my wiim ultra.
Speakers Adam audio A7v to subwoofer via xlr , t10s (subwoofer) to wiim ultra via Line out.
Unfortunately it drops sub down. I have to set vol higher to activate sub again.
Can I do anything to fix this?
Ultra L+R line out to T10S L+R XLR in, T10S L+R XLR out to individual A7V XLR in? You are not using WiiM's bass management at all then. The Ultra doesn't even know if there is a sub or not, it's just feeding an external active system.

What exactly do you mean by "it drops sub down"? No output from the sub but the monitors keep playing? That would be super strange, but all in Adam Audio's domain.

Do not enable the sub outsetting in the WiiM Home app in this scenario! This would remove all bass below the crossover frequency from the signal you feed to your subwoofer. Only enable the sub output on the Ultra if a sub is directly connected to its sub out RCA socket. In your case the T10S has to use its own filter and the crossover must not be set to bypass.

Back