WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.626448 Update - Aug 16, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.626448 (In Progress)

Release date:

8 / 16 / 2024

What's New:
  1. Group Enhancement: Resolved an issue that prevented multiple devices from being grouped together.
  2. USB Scan Enhancement: Resolved an issue that prevented the USB scan process from completing and improved the scan speed.

After installing this firmware version ,it keeps shutting down by itself and doing factory resets all the time. See ticket 510196.

With the new firmware and about the USB Input :

1 - Re-scan works, but;
2 - Deleted files (songs and playlist) are always counted ( you have to delet wiim_cache ans all rescan to fix the count );
3 - The number of songs from playlist are not counted as it should be. (I put them on the USB key root)
Wiim team told me, the WiiM Ultra can contain 1000 songs (only!) at most ("in queue", then I think it's the same for playlist). I did two playlists on 998 songs. One shows 128 and the other one 250.

4 - And nothing about preset or browsing on the touch screen.

Last edited:
Wiim team told me, the WiiM Ultra can contain 1000 songs (only!) at most ("in queue", then I think it's the same for playlist)
I currently have a queue of over 3,000 tracks from Tidal, so maybe that 1,000 restriction applies to tracks from a usb input?

I have my ripped cds on a usb stick, not all of the album art is displayed although I'm quite sure it's all present, how do I do a rescan?

I have my ripped cds on a usb stick, not all of the album art is displayed although I'm quite sure it's all present, how do I do a rescan?
If you click the ellipsis positioned at the top right of the screen when you're browsing your USB content doesn't it present a rescan option? I've only used an Amp a couple of times so things may have changed.

If a rescan doesn't fix the problem, the only way to perform a full refresh is to delete files.db and the wiim_cache folder from the root of the USB drive and try again.

Last edited:
After this installed automatically, my unit is not working right. The volume to the line out and sub is 100% as is the Roon volume %. When I adjust Roon volume, nothing happens. I powered the Ultra on and off and it still is not working.

I'll do a ticket shortly. How to fix?

You could try a factory reset and set it up afresh but you'll lose any settings you may have saved
That factory reset worked. Had to redo a lot of stuff including Roon, presets, and room correction. I skipped Alexa.
When the volume was 100% --- I not only woke up my better half, but I was worried about my sub and speakers.

Did WiiM announce any changes regarding this function requested by two users?
2 - USB Media Library:
- Direct Browsing: We are exploring the possibility of enabling direct browsing of music on the touchscreen of your device. We are committed to developing this feature and will keep you updated on our progress.
- USB Playlists: We plan to support preset USB playlists later this month. Your suggestion is under discussion, and we're working on an implementation plan.

Warm regards,
WiiM Support

They are committed to plan how to discuss what could be explored. :) Didn't even make it on any roadmap, so far.

I wouldn't mind these features to be added. But it's sensible to expect them to be of low priority. Similar to a fully fledged Windows app ... only lower.

I'm solely on USB and Spotify. The greatest pet peeve is that the playlist when opened through the USB feature, the order of songs are not retained and seems to be random. Also, the media player does not recognize disc numbers so multi discs albums are mashed together in an unordered fashion. There's also an issue with the folder album art. Supposed I have previously placed an album without the art (cover.jpg), but then placed it later. Wiim still does not recognize the file, I need to open the wiim database on the usb, edit it using an sql editing tool, then point the file into the correct folder or album.

Back