WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.627753 Update - Aug 30, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.627753(In Progress)

Release date:
8 / 30 / 2024

What's New:

1. Playback Improvements:
  • Resolve issues with Amazon Music, including skipping during playback and inability to start playback.
  • Fix an issue where TIDAL playback wouldn’t start when switching from Amazon Music.
  • Correct metadata now displays when seeking frequently.
  • Resolve an issue preventing Audible Books from playing through Alexa.
  • Fix playback issues with certain M3U8 formats.
  • Address occasional Bluetooth playback crashes.
  • Reduce playback stuttering for HDMI and Optical input sources.
2. Screen Improvements:
  • Added support for Hebrew font display.
  • Correct EQ selection is now shown when EQ settings are changed.
  • Address various other screen issues for a smoother and more reliable experience

Bug Fixes:

1. USB Media Library Fix: Resolve an issue where artwork was not displaying.
2. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

• Address various other screen issues for a smoother and more reliable experience
One of these issues seems to be that WiiM finally changed the display of the on-screen volume display circle to something more conventional.

Just after I got used to the original version. 😂

1000058048.jpg

Funny.

One of these issues seems to be that WiiM finally changed the display of the on-screen volume display circle to something more conventional.

Just after I got used to the original version. 😂

View attachment 11163

Funny.
That is funny!
Not used the ultra for a couple of days, and mostly use it at 100% anyway, but I recall mentioning the 'unusual' 12 o'clock start compared to the more 'normal' 7 to 5 volume dial almost 3 months ago.
It will surely take a bit of getting used to!

Back