Wiim ultra HDMI arc

You need a decent Class D amplifier.
I doubt that I, or anyone else, would have to adjust other equipment to accommodate this problem. Such suggestion is ridicules.

And I don't need any other amplifier. I have class D Fosi V3 Monoblocks.

There was a question WHY not use it all the time, I just answered

for me these would not be reasons to exclude my family members from good sound
I respect your opinion, but it seems you don't respect mine. I'm not interested in what you would do in my situation. If you want, you can even connect 4 subwoofers for watching the news. None of my business.

My family don't care. My LG C3 has sufficient sound quality and volume for their needs during the day. If so, there is no need to have everything on for most of the day.

I respect your opinion, but it seems you don't respect mine. I'm not interested in what you would do in my situation. If you want, you can even connect 4 subwoofers for watching the news. None of my business.

My family don't care. My LG C3 has sufficient sound quality and volume for their needs during the day. If so, there is no need to have everything on for most of the day.
Talking about respect ... everybody is entitled to wish for any feature, not matter how absurd it might seem to others. Just please respect that WiiM have implemented HDMI ARC exactly the way it's supposed to work. They didn't miss out anything, they are not fooling you, they are not treating you carelessly as a customer just because they did.

This is not a "shortcoming related to the new hardware". If you feel "disappointed" about it the only person responsible for your feelings is you. If you call your current options "shitty" this implies you might not respect the work WiiM have done here.

Having said that, you are free to request a feature change, of course. If there is any company on this planet that might pick up such a requirement (if technically possible in a sensible way), then it's probably WiiM. Just please don't argue in a way like you had been ripped of. I suppose that this was not your intention, anyway.

You are not using very expensive or delicate equipment, so I can not understand the reasoning. Your combo is even quite energy efficient.
Mine is efficient at idle, but it's not zero. Add in the subwoofer (which is actively unwanted at night) and it's definitely noticeable. This is the same line of thought for wanting the 12v trigger and auto standby.

I am blessed with TV speakers that are surprisingly good for low volume listening, and they are effectively zero W when the TV is already powered on. We ran with just them for like a year during the NBNH times (new baby new house) while the component system hadn't found its place yet and it was not awful.

That said, I am more concerned with the frequent power cycles. The TV speakers once again don't have this problem if the TV has to turn on anyway, and the TV is not nearly as long term of an investment. I don't like to shorten the otherwise long life of quality components if I don't have to.

Just please respect that WiiM have implemented HDMI ARC exactly the way it's supposed to work.
Be that as it may, the "HDMI Standby" / "HDMI Control" (off during standby) is quite common in AVRs and prepros for practical reasons. I don't consider the lack of it a bug but would definitely be a nice feature. Same as the current "HDMI-CEC Power Control" toggle, not mandated but a practical addition since without it CEC is ultra annoying for us HT+music people.

... and they are effectively zero W when the TV is already powered on.
Not exactly. There's still an inbuilt amplifier and this will consume more or less power, depending on if it has to operate the speakers or not. Might not make much of a difference compared to the power drawn by the screen, though.

You shouldn't have to defend your request, anyway.

That said, I am more concerned with the frequent power cycles. The TV speakers once again don't have this problem if the TV has to turn on anyway, and the TV is not nearly as long term of an investment. I don't like to shorten the otherwise long life of quality components if I don't have to.
I switch off my WiiM Amp, my WiiM Ultra and my Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 when they are not in use. And by switch off I really mean cutting the power supply. I've done this for years with non-WiiM equipment and didn't have a single failure, so I'm pretty confident in this concept.

I don't consider the lack of it a bug but would definitely be a nice feature. Same as the current "HDMI-CEC Power Control" toggle, not mandated but a practical addition since without it CEC is ultra annoying for us HT+music people.
I won't disagree, even though I don't need it.

everybody is entitled to wish for any feature, not matter how absurd it might seem to others. Just please respect that WiiM have implemented HDMI ARC exactly the way it's supposed to work. They didn't miss out anything,
And who determines how it should work? Because for me, it should work so that when I turn on the TV, I don't want it to always run ARC output when I had the TV speakers set up beforehand.

they are not fooling you, they are not treating you carelessly as a customer just because they did.
Wiim has one of the best, or the best support and community of any audio company I know. I've never said anything different

If you feel "disappointed" about it the only person responsible for your feelings is you. If you call your current options "shitty" this implies you might not respect the work WiiM have done here.
I don't understand why I can't feel disappointed by the fact that I have to unplug the HDMI cable every time, or constantly change the TV settings. I could use a different wording than "shitty" - that's true. Sorry about that.

Having said that, you are free to request a feature change, of course. If there is any company on this planet that might pick up such a requirement (if technically possible in a sensible way), then it's probably WiiM. Just please don't argue in a way like you had been ripped of. I suppose that this was not your intention, anyway.
Yep

And who determines how it should work? Because for me, it should work so that when I turn on the TV, I don't want it to always run ARC output when I had the TV speakers set up beforehand.
The answer has been given to you before. For me, no further argument is needed.

1. amp / power amp heat generation
2. amp / power amp power consumption
3. amp / power amp lifespan
4. Complication

I put my WiiM in an almost-all-analog system with 2 amps, electronic xover, preamp, dvd player, DAC (for dvd that lacked analog outs), and TV.
My wife would like to just watch TV, without turning "all that junk" on.
I'm sure some others have similar wives.
Or children.

The 12V trigger works really nice for switching additional devices together with the Ultra. I added a trigger adapter by Audiophonics.fr to automatically switch on/off my Ncore Poweramp.
1727265345606.png

You can also buy power sockets with integrated 12V trigger input.
1727265425189.png

Back