Wiim ultra HDMI arc

Hi all,
I seem to have an issue with autosensing HDMI/optical input.
From HDMI arc being set but not used (like after switching off tv) the Ultra will not switch to the actual input (optical) automatically. It got stuck to HDMI, even when the HDMI cable is disconnected.
Switching from other inputs or ethernet to optical is without any issue.
I have to rely on this autosensing feature as I am using a Logitech hub to control all listening and watch equipment with one single and easy to use remote.
WiiM (bluetooth remote) is not supported by Logitech so I cannot force the WiiM input selection.
Anyone facing this issue or having a workaround (not being using the WiiM remote...)

In my recent test of auto-sensing operation here, the auto-switching from HDMI to optical did not work at any condition.

Perhaps this is the current spec and I feel this is a difficult problem to solve. I have not seen any device that allows this. However, I would recommend submitting a request ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app.

I think it would be possible to the switching by streaming via Ethernet while playing something over HDMI, and then playing it over optical after stopping it.

Thus, if you can automate the following actions with Alexa or similar, you may be closer to a solution. (Just an idea.)
"HDMI > Streaming via Ethernet > Stop > Play via optical in"

In my recent test of auto-sensing operation here, the auto-switching from HDMI to optical did not work at any condition.

Perhaps this is the current spec and I feel this is a difficult problem to solve. I have not seen any device that allows this. However, I would recommend submitting a request ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app.
Thanks for your exhaustive testing... It is a pity there is no easy work around, but at least my Ultra is not defective.
I will submit a ticket request and I hope Logitech will support bluetooth control to the Wiim equipment, so still one remote can be used (my wife and Iike simplex controles...)

Thanks for your exhaustive testing... It is a pity there is no easy work around, but at least my Ultra is not defective.
I will submit a ticket request and I hope Logitech will support bluetooth control to the Wiim equipment, so still one remote can be used (my wife and Iike simplex controles...)
Also, the "smart preset" feature that is under development may be one of solution when it becomes a reality. I am very much looking forward to it.😄

Even wake up from optical is not working, so like mo auto sensing at all.
Need to use the WiiM remote every time, starting the Ultra and selecting optical if not already on that input.
Hesitating what to do, move from HDMI to optical input on my active speaker and skip the Ultra as preamp, use it as streamer only.
Than also a WiiM Pro could do the job (but without display)

Back