wiim ultra hdmi problem

jin

I'm using wifi ultra and fiio k11 r2r dac.

I can't connect to Samsung tv ks9600 with hdmi.

It's the same when I change the cable.

TV is connected to arc.

And from 2 days ago, tidal disconnects when playing.

Same with wifi and wired lan..

dns is no different in options..

I ask for a quick resolution.

I haven't received my ultra yet but PCM makes sense.

I've never been able to get an answer to this, but it's still going to be 48 khz only from the HDMI just like from an optical? What is the big advantage of the HDMI just volume from the TV?

I think regular ARC would support higher than 48khz, My guess is that's all the TV will ever spit out, I'll find out when I get my ultra.

I read somewhere that Sony puts copy protection on the eARC, so that's probably useless anyway.

If I would have known that my Pro would play my DSD files I would have stuck with it.. lol

I've never been able to get an answer to this, but it's still going to be 48 khz only from the HDMI just like from an optical? What is the big advantage of the HDMI just volume from the TV?

I think regular ARC would support higher than 48khz, My guess is that's all the TV will ever spit out, I'll find out when I get my ultra.
It all just depends on the TV, not the Ultra.

It all just depends on the TV, not the Ultra.

I guess I meant technically ARC should support higher bitrate. TV is not going to be a great source anyway, at least for music? Hard for me to say much about HDMI audio into the Wiim, In the past I have always had a receiver for the audio, and HDMI out to the TV *monitor* It's a Sony X90L, optical out has been okay, not great.

My Feature Request: HDMI OUT! TV should be a monitor not a source.

With current living space will be hard to fit receiver and 3.0 setup, but I do miss the center channel for movies.

My Feature Request: HDMI OUT! TV should be a monitor not a source.
Times have changed. Again. The TV came back and killed the AVR. Aiming for the least box count, ARC is exactly what most people want, not video out from a two channel network receiver.

Times have changed. Again. The TV came back and killed the AVR. Aiming for the least box count, ARC is exactly what most people want, not video out from a two channel network receiver.

Would you say the ARC output from a TV will give better fidelity or any sonic advantages over using and optical cable from the same TV?

Would you say the ARC output from a TV will give better fidelity or any sonic advantages over using and optical cable from the same TV?
Sonic quality should be on par. Optical out cannot be better.

Sonic quality should be on par. Optical out cannot be better.

That is what I am thinking, the only advantage to ARC is maybe volume from the TV?

I was hoping that ARC might be just a little better. If I use the Ultra at Fixed Volume Output to my DAC volume from the TV does not come into play?

Yes it does, it just means the wiim won't reduce the volume from whatever it gets given.

Thanks, I will be trying it in a couple days. I don't think my Sony does volume right now with Optical output using Speakers set to Audio System.

Sony does have an option:
Sound mode sync: The sound field of the specified audio system will switch automatically when the TV sound mode changes.

For OP: What HDMI options are there on your Samsung TV?

I'm using wifi ultra and fiio k11 r2r dac.

I can't connect to Samsung tv ks9600 with hdmi.

It's the same when I change the cable.

TV is connected to arc.

And from 2 days ago, tidal disconnects when playing.

Same with wifi and wired lan..

dns is no different in options..

I ask for a quick resolution.

you are talking about playing from the TV app, not from the Ultra?

Back