WiiM Ultra Physical (External)

Daniel_son0

Hi WiiM,

Concerning the ‘lid’ on the top of the Ultra.
How come there’s a considerably different sized ‘panel gap’ along the front right?

Not the only cosmetic oddity on my unit that arrived today (UK).

Please shed some light.

Best regards,
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_9700.jpeg
    IMG_9700.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
Maybe it's just me and my general ignorance but personally I wouldn't worry about that tiny gap at all. It's not a one-piece case as the WiiM Amp has it, so certain tolerances are to be expected.

What other cosmetic oddities did you find?

Maybe it's just me and my general ignorance but personally I wouldn't worry about that tiny gap at all. It's not a one-piece case as the WiiM Amp has it, so certain tolerances are to be expected.

What other cosmetic oddities did you find?
The sharp edge around the top has dinks in it, as well as the rear has some scuffs.

I am, just trying to understand the uniformity of the other issues etc.
If mines an odd one out then it’s going back, if mine is uniform (minus the damage etc) with the rest of the units out there then I’m not going to get a unit any better.

I am, just trying to understand the uniformity of the other issues etc.
If mines an odd one out then it’s going back, if mine is uniform (minus the damage etc) with the rest of the units out there then I’m not going to get a unit any better.
Hi Daniel_son0,

We're sorry to hear about this issue. Please contact your reseller to arrange for a replacement unit. We will work with our distributor and reseller to determine the root cause of the problem. Thank you for your understanding!

Hi Daniel_son0,

We're sorry to hear about this issue. Please contact your reseller to arrange for a replacement unit. We will work with our distributor and reseller to determine the root cause of the problem. Thank you for your understanding!
You’ve focused on the damage comment more than the other part which is more of a concern. (to me at least)

Is that panel gap between the body and ‘lid’ slightly out of the norm or unintentional?

You’ve focused on the damage comment more than the other part which is more of a concern. (to me at least)

Is that panel gap between the body and ‘lid’ slightly out of the norm or unintentional?
A gap of up to 0.2 mm is considered normal. Could you please check if the gap falls within this range?

This is mine and does not appear to be a problem.

1000000821.jpg
1000000820.jpg
1000000819.jpg
1000000818.jpg

A gap of up to 0.2 mm is considered normal. Could you please check if the gap falls within this range?
(Don’t judge) Using a scraper blade at a thickness of ~0.25mm, the blade drops into the gap with clearance. Wasn’t interference fit, definitely clearance.
FYI - The unit was off before doing this.

Look forward to the response 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_9795.jpeg
    IMG_9795.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9794.jpeg
    IMG_9794.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 22
(Don’t judge) Using a scraper blade at a thickness of ~0.25mm, the blade drops into the gap with clearance. Wasn’t interference fit, definitely clearance.
FYI - The unit was off before doing this.

Look forward to the response 🙂
Thanks for the measurement. It's out of range. My apologies for the problem.

Back