10 PEQ Beta test (Bug Report)

android, wiim plus, latest firmware and wiim home...
peq:
I have to enter the values for each band several times so that they are integrated...
I am the only one?
Release firmware (which now comes with 10 PEQ filters, anyway) or beta firmware? Anyway, this issue sounds more app related to me.

This is what I found to be important:

If you are changing values using the (+) plus and (-) minus buttons, you can leave the dialog using the (x) close button.and the values apply immediately:
1000035222.jpg

But if you are changing values using the number pad, you must hit the [✓] enter key befor tapping the (x) close button. Otherwise the change is not applied:
1000035223.jpg

Could it be that easy? I did fall for this several times myself.

It doesn't look like that on my Android, and not beta.. I tried everything and it went a little "crazy", but by trying twice or three times, without breaking down, we ended up getting there.. .

(in use peq on headphone as one would expect, it came well...
the peq approach, even if the choice of target curves can be debated at length, is of real interest in the case of headphone...)

if I'm the only one...let's not talk about it anymore...just an "annoying" bug
end

These screenshots are from WiiM Home app 2.9.9 on Android, non-beta. I just cut it in half. The keyboard is Google Gboard, yours might be different.

The working principle should be the same.

1000035218.jpg

Release firmware (which now comes with 10 PEQ filters, anyway) or beta firmware? Anyway, this issue sounds more app related to me.

This is what I found to be important:

If you are changing values using the (+) plus and (-) minus buttons, you can leave the dialog using the (x) close button.and the values apply immediately:
View attachment 7520

But if you are changing values using the number pad, you must hit the [✓] enter key befor tapping the (x) close button. Otherwise the change is not applied:
View attachment 7521

Could it be that easy? I did fall for this several times myself.
If I use the number pad I can hit (x) without hitting [✓] first and the filter is saved. This is with a Pixel 3a.

android, wiim plus, latest firmware and wiim home...
peq:
I have to enter the values for each band several times so that they are integrated...

annoying bug even if it ended well..
I am the only one?

Yes, it is a small bug that still remains from the early PEQ.

In my current opinion, it is a simple storage error that has no law and happens at some kicks.

However, the last time I touched PEQ, there was no problem, so I thought it had already been resolved.

If I use the number pad I can hit (x) without hitting [✓] first and the filter is saved. This is with a Pixel 3a.
This seems to be in line with the quote @Wiimer brought up, but it's not what I experience with my Xiaomi 12 running Android 14 (HyperOS 1.0.7.0) using Gboard.

Or ... I might have to rephrase that: it's inconsistent. Right now it did work a couple of times in a row, but sometimes it doesn't. Interestingly, hitting the enter key on the keyboard appears to working every time for me. Strange.

So, all in all it's not bulletproof, yet.

This seems to be in line with the quote @Wiimer brought up, but it's not what I experience with my Xiaomi 12 running Android 14 (HyperOS 1.0.7.0) using Gboard.

Or ... I might have to rephrase that: it's inconsistent. Right now it did work a couple of times in a row, but sometimes it doesn't. Interestingly, hitting the enter key on the keyboard appears to working every time for me. Strange.

So, all in all it's not bulletproof, yet.
I have tested it a bit.

Perhaps the problem is caused when using the +- buttons and key input together...?

[ When saving with the "× button" ]
G: Button > Q: Key input > save = NG
G: Key input > Q: Button > save = NG
G: Key input > Q: Key input > save = OK
G: Button > Q: Button > save = OK

[ When saving with the "Enter key" ]

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team,
🙂

Edit;
I submitted a support ticket and asked for verification.

Last edited:
[ When saving with the "× button" ]

[ When saving with the "Enter key" ]

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team,
🙂

Edit;
I submitted a support ticket and asked for verification.
If wiim engineers has size population of Japan, I’m sure it would have been addressed already. Give it time since each project has its own priority which one need to address first over the other. You surely impatient just like me that’s why our path keep crossing. 😂

If wiim engineers has size population of Japan, I’m sure it would have been addressed already. Give it time since each project has its own priority which one need to address first over the other. You surely impatient just like me that’s why our path keep crossing. 😂
I can honestly say that I don't know of a company as dedicated as WiiM. That's why I'm here. 🤗

I bet you are too, right? 😉

Back