7000a wiim pro plus

Walkpig

Will it be possible to have my computer connect via usb to my 7000a.
7000a pre out rca into wiim.
Wiim rca out into 7000a rca in.
7000a into speakers.
Will I be able to utilise room correction in the future? And possibility of subwoofer out with high pass filter for the speakers
Thanks!

What you’re asking from what I see is whether the 7000a can have two input sources active at the same time - which would it know to direct to its pre-outs? Sounds like a recipe for feedback or silence tbh.

I’d look for a box that could convert PC USB audio to SPDIF and feed that into the WiiM, which then feeds the 7000a.

Edit: perhaps something like this

I agree with Brantome. The Pre-out on the 7000A can be used to connect to a signal processor but would need to be connected back to the Power-in using Pre-Power mode. The audio signal would have to come in through one of the digital or analog inputs on the Amp from the WiiM and feeding the WiiM with the digital signal from your PC.

In terms of the Sub this could be driven directly by the Amp via the Pre-out but you would not get Room Correction for the sub. The only way to do that would be with the WiiM Ultra which has a dedicated sub-out.

So pre power mode
Com to 7000a
7000a pre to wiim
Win rca in 7000a
7000a to speakers.
for wiim ultra i would be able to add sub and room correction?
Thanks!
Will consider the converter too

Seems a bit of an issue, as relying on wiim as pre amp to get subwoofer working relative to the speaker volume.I presume you have audiolab 7000A?

It's easier just to replace that Audiolab with a AVR, or a integrated amp with room EQ, bass management etc

Getting it to work is kinda "non standard" as tacking on bits onto stereo system. I've got the following in hifi so sort of somewhere between AV pre/power system (for two channel)

Squeezebox
DAC
Stereo pre amp, pre outs into a Outlaw ICBM-1 analogue bass mangement high pass device
outlaw into Stereo power amp
bridge link from first amp to stereo power amp
Outlaw sub out into sub

So my speakers are high passed at >60hz, subwoofer receives <60hz.
But my source is stereo so if I wanted Wiim Pro Plus, and add room EQ it'll be effecting L,R and sub as well, and cannot seperate subwoofer, and even if I did then it won't be relative to the mains in volume and means the pre amp is moved from the pre amp to the wiim, which probably isn't as good, then having stacking pre amps

Seems a bit of an issue, as relying on wiim as pre amp to get subwoofer working relative to the speaker volume.I presume you have audiolab 7000A?

It's easier just to replace that Audiolab with a AVR, or a integrated amp with room EQ, bass management etc

Getting it to work is kinda "non standard" as tacking on bits onto stereo system. I've got the following in hifi so sort of somewhere between AV pre/power system (for two channel)

Squeezebox
DAC
Stereo pre amp, pre outs into a Outlaw ICBM-1 analogue bass mangement high pass device
outlaw into Stereo power amp
bridge link from first amp to stereo power amp
Outlaw sub out into sub

So my speakers are high passed at >60hz, subwoofer receives <60hz.
But my source is stereo so if I wanted Wiim Pro Plus, and add room EQ it'll be effecting L,R and sub as well, and cannot seperate subwoofer, and even if I did then it won't be relative to the mains in volume and means the pre amp is moved from the pre amp to the wiim, which probably isn't as good, then having stacking pre amps
Okay seems like it will be a bad idea. Will probably stick to using the preamp out for a sub with high pass filter
Thanks!

Okay seems like it will be a bad idea. Will probably stick to using the preamp out for a sub with high pass filter
Thanks!

Not many subs have high pass filter (high level or low level) Only ones I'm aware of SB 12+ and the SVS SB Ultra 13 with the old plate design.

The pre amp in your audiolab is probably better quality one in the wiim, wiim also probably digital pre amp which isn't ideal either.

Simplest solution would to change the Audiolab with a integrated with room correction bass management etc, that won't be cheap you'll be looking at Lyndorf, Anthem STR etc.

Cheapest solution would to connect sub to the Audiolab pre amp, then use room correction but only on frequencies where it doesn't effect sub and speakers.

So if you have a 20hz peak (on sub) then adjust that 20hz peak, it won't effect the speakers. Or vice versa if you correct 300hz then it won't effect the sub. That's what I'll be doing (EQ speaker frequencies)

Or have a antimode or minidsp HD between audiolab and sub so that EQ's sub. I use one of those myself. Again you have to be careful not to apply sub frequencies in wiim streamer as that'll effect the antimode/sub calibration, so again just EQ 300hz or so.

Considering the kef kc62. Read that it has a high pass filter. Is that recommended for a compact small room sub?
Else I’ll look into a minidsp.
Thanks for the information! No interested in switching out the audiolab

Considering the kef kc62. Read that it has a high pass filter. Is that recommended for a compact small room sub?
Else I’ll look into a minidsp.
Thanks for the information! No interested in switching out the audiolab

Nah that wouldn't work. You have a few options

1) Change the Audiolab to a AVR
2) Change the Audiolab to a AV pre amp and power amp combo
3) Get a subwoofer with high level, high pass, put that inbetween your audiolab and speakers
4) Get a subwoofer with low level, high pass, put that inbetween your audiolab and a stereo power amplifer
5) Get a outlaw icbm-1, put that between your audiolab pre out and a stereo power amp
6) Change your Audiolab to a stereo integrated amp with high pass functions. Some Emotiva, Outlaw and Parasounds have this feature.

I did number 5 myself, except with 8000Q and two PX's, so high passing my speakers and vertically biamping

1715952106199.png

Last edited:
hang on checking if the kc62 has high pass.

btw it's not really a subwoofer tbh not great and not for that price either

ok it does look like it has high pass, line level in/out so you'd send pre out from your audiolab into the sub then out from that into a stereo power amplifier.

Nah that wouldn't work. You have a few options

1) Change the Audiolab to a AVR
2) Change the Audiolab to a AV pre amp and power amp combo
3) Get a subwoofer with high level, high pass, put that inbetween your audiolab and speakers
4) Get a subwoofer with low level, high pass, put that inbetween your audiolab and a stereo power amplifer
5) Get a outlaw icbm-1, put that between your audiolab pre out and a stereo power amp
6) Change your Audiolab to a stereo integrated amp with high pass functions. Some Emotiva, Outlaw and Parasounds have this feature.

I did number 5 myself, except with 8000Q and two PX's, so high passing my speakers and vertically biamping

View attachment 7175
The 7000A can be used in pre-only mode so it would only be necessary to add a power amp. Audiolab are releasing a new power amp soon - 9000P but no spec available yet. Alternatively and cheaper option is the Fosi V3 mono blocks.

hang on checking if the kc62 has high pass.

btw it's not really a subwoofer tbh not great and not for that price either

ok it does look like it has high pass, line level in/out so you'd send pre out from your audiolab into the sub then out from that into a stereo power amplifier.
think I will consider number 3!
so audiolab preout into kc62
kc62 into rca audiolab
audiolab into speakers!

Will go research more on other sub options as well. Not keen to change out the audiolab!
Thanks for your info!
Are there alternatives to the outlaw icbm-1?
Dont think they have that in my country (SG).

The 7000A can be used in pre-only mode so it would only be necessary to add a power amp. Audiolab are releasing a new power amp soon - 9000P but no spec available yet. Alternatively and cheaper option is the Fosi V3 mono blocks.
I read that the prepower mode will enable the audiolab to preout into a sub and back into the audiolab!

Check the pre out / power amp functions like that, like a processor loop, wouldn't want to short anything or anything like that.

KC62 isn't great though look at 8:12 in that video

I read that the prepower mode will enable the audiolab to preout into a sub and back into the audiolab!
In integrated mode the pre-out is still active (see below from the manual) so there's no need to feed back from sub into the amp.

1000013095.jpg

Check the pre out / power amp functions like that, like a processor loop, wouldn't want to short anything or anything like that.

KC62 isn't great though look at 8:12 in that video
okay will look into other subs. Do you have any recommendations? Preferably a smaller sub.

Considering the Pre-power mode so that I can feed the signal back to the 7000a from the sub's high pass filter.
Hope I am understanding it correctly!
Thanks for replying
I'm not sure if this will work, will the sub return both L and R channels to the power-in? I don't know enough about how subs work but @rccarguy may be able to help.

Back