A question about my distant Ultra

guy48065

1000007452.jpg

I have 2 houses, each with 1 WiiM streamer. While listening to music I noticed it shows my cottage system "Online". What exactly does this mean?
I know I shut my Ultra off (remote red button) before I left.

When I first powered up my local system the cottage was shown as "Offline".

The remote red button only puts the WiiM in standby mode with turned off screen. It's still online.
And I can "see" that from 200 miles away, connected to a different network?
Can I turn it on from that distance?
My concern is that it could turn "On"--which would turn on my power amp--and the thump would turn on my subs--and if it reconnected to Internet radio it would STAY ON.

I know the WiiM streamers never sleep--I plugged my first one into a USB V/A monitor and checked on it over several weeks. It's ALWAYS active on WiFi.

You can only operate it if you're on the same network. My friend has a WiiM that shows up on my phone but I can only control when I join his network, which obviously I can't do from my house.

You can only operate it if you're on the same network. My friend has a WiiM that shows up on my phone but I can only control when I join his network, which obviously I can't do from my house.
I'm glad to hear that. I was afraid it might be like my Wi-Fi thermostat that i can control from anywhere I can get Internet.

Back