Amirm’s review of the WiiM Ultra is out now !

Musician

Today he tested the new WiiM amp pro, and he writes at the end that the next WiiM product tested will be the Ultra ( he already got one ).

Will Vintageflanker release his measurements before Amirm ?

Edit : Amirm was the first :

Last edited:
If Vintageflanker publishes his, I think it’s more likely that Amirm will promote that as ASR’s review as he has done in the past…
Yes thats likely - and Amirm gonna review the Ultra in any case .

Soon we gonna have three measurement Wizards using their measuring tools on the Ultra.:) ( Onlyoneme, Vintageflanker and Amirm ).

Yes thats likely - and Amirm gonna review the Ultra in any case .

Soon we gonna have three measurement Wizards using their measuring tools on the Ultra.:) ( Onlyoneme, Vintageflanker and Amirm ).
I measured anything recently? Nah, not possible, don't remember such a thing... :)

I measured anything recently? Nah, not possible, don't remember such a thing... :)
Amirms review is out now !

Bummer, he left out some measurements.

Also, no indication of the firmware version used.
Its coming more ….
This review show two things :

1. The SINAD is 115 dB and theres no powersupply issues .

2. The default digital filter is very good = the sound will be transparent to the source .

3. To get better perceived sound than transparent you will need a colored dac.

4. There is no ESS hump to talk about.

Overall, the measurements are what to expect using this dac and opa1611 in four places :)

Last edited:
Amirm has forgotten two very important things :

1. The Ultra can play high res music directly from a 2T harddrive using usb . With album covers.

2. There IS a volume control in the display of the ultra with numbers . Very handy when using the Ultra as a preamp.

3. The volume regulation can be controlled with an Apple tv4K steel remote on all sources . With volume numbers showing on the Ultra display.

Last edited:
Its coming more ….
This review show two things :

1. The SINAD is 115 dB and theres no powersupply issues .

2. The default digital filter is very good = the sound will be transparent to the source .

3. To get better perceived sound than transparent you will need a colored dac.

4. There is no ESS hump to talk about.

Overall, the measurements are what to expect using this dac and opa1611 in four places :)
"you care so much" you should put two 1611s in your "plus"... just a few euros.... ;-)

to the extent that onlyoneme has always been serious and these measurements validated by other approaches..
for me, it just shows, until proven otherwise, that its pre-series device has problems...
"it happens and it has already arrived" at wiim..
what is interesting is to observe that in the end there is little surprise on the armim one...
what will be interesting is to see what the vintage one which seems to date from it gives Is it rather from the same period as that of onlyoneme... (that of armim?)

Personally, I have been hoping for these other returns for months precisely to clarify this situation...
it's good now...
"end"
;-)

Last edited:
Back